C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Add Coolant on display

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 03:31 PM
Happihank
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Add Coolant on display

C6 100,000 miles . Get issue in summertime in LA Add Coolant. Ive added coolant to the brim. Then still get the message. No leak that I can detect. Engine temp seems good. Any thoughts ?
Thanks
Old 08-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Happihank
C6 100,000 miles . Get issue in summertime in LA Add Coolant. Ive added coolant to the brim. Then still get the message. No leak that I can detect. Engine temp seems good. Any thoughts ?
Thanks
I'm a DIY type so I'm not an expert. But to me if there are no problems (including tank coolant level ) its got to be the coolant level sensor. I believe the sensor is in the tank so I would start there. Also check this thread => https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...el-sensor.html

If you figure it out, please report the results for us DIY types. Thank you

Last edited by Dutch08; 08-05-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:27 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,029 Likes on 2,183 Posts

Yep, either air in the radiator fluid system, or problem with the radiator temp sensor or sensor connector.
When the car does not see a steady climb rate of the radiator fluid at warm up, it going to throw that message.

So if you just changed the raditor fluid, then need to vacumn the system tank to get any trapped air out of the system. Hence air bubble reaches the temp senor to cause a dip in temp reading, and causes the code problem.

If you did not just change the radiator fluid, then its the raditor temp sensor connector that you want to first unplug, clean, then put it back on since a faulty connnector contact will cause the same problem as well.

The temp sensor is on the drivers side head front side.

So see if just cleaning the connector resolves the problem.
If no, then may be a wire problem at the connector or wire loom that is causing the problem with the sensor not reading a steady increase in temp from the spastic connection.
Or could be just a radiator temp sensor on the way out, and easy enough to change as well.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:07 PM
Happihank
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys Ill check it out
Old 08-12-2019, 12:17 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

If you radiator end caps haven’t cracked or the WP isn’t seeping you are long overdue.

Get notified of new replies

To Add Coolant on display

Quick Reply: Add Coolant on display