C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt Size Identification - Rear Bumper Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 07:57 PM
[Cerberus]
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Bolt Size Identification - Rear Bumper Bracket

Hello,

I am hoping someone may know what size this bolt is (or even a GM part number possibly), so I can get a replacement. One managed to come out and disappear so I have a rattle.

This is for a 2007 Z06, w/factory muffler, but the photo is a base for reference.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:35 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 655 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by [Cerberus]
Hello,

I am hoping someone may know what size this bolt is (or even a GM part number possibly), so I can get a replacement. One managed to come out and disappear so I have a rattle.

This is for a 2007 Z06, w/factory muffler, but the photo is a base for reference.
Why not take one out and measure? Looks like an 8 x 1.25 x something.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:20 PM
[Cerberus]
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I was hoping to not take the other bolt out since the muffler valve is right underneath it and it is a bit of a chore to remove. I also was hoping to replace it with an OEM bolt.

If anyone else ever looks at this, it is a M6 x 25mm long bolt with integrated washer. I used a flanged bolt as a replacement and that worked well.
The following users liked this post:
Ted Parsons (10-21-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 10:17 AM
Ted Parsons
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by [Cerberus]
I was hoping to not take the other bolt out since the muffler valve is right underneath it and it is a bit of a chore to remove. I also was hoping to replace it with an OEM bolt.

If anyone else ever looks at this, it is a M6 x 25mm long bolt with integrated washer. I used a flanged bolt as a replacement and that worked well.
Thanks for this info. I noticed mine fell out and didn't want to remove the other one. That bolt was a pain to get tight, probably could have gone with a 15mm length.

Get notified of new replies

To Bolt Size Identification - Rear Bumper Bracket

Quick Reply: Bolt Size Identification - Rear Bumper Bracket