C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front License Plate Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 12:28 AM
vezePilot
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Front License Plate Bracket

I need a Bracket to attach a standard License plate to the front of my C6. Here in Boulder, it's a $15 Fine for not having a plate on the front. Already got that fine with my Silverado. The requirement is for the trraffic cameras, of course. Does such a thing exist? I've only had the Vette one day, but friends and I don't see how it is possible ...
Thanks for steering me towards one. And ... uh, is there any way that a front plate might fold up when I'm not in Boulder ... like maybe with a switch right next to the switch that extends the machine guns?
Old 06-12-2018, 11:50 AM
liv2ryd
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

If you're talking Boulder, CO, you may as well keep the front plate on where ever you go in CO, I got a ticket at a parking meter in Denver for no front plate. Not worth the hassle. There are many removable/foldable front mounts from the major suppliers - Ecklers, Mid-America. Some clip in, there are electronically foldable units but they are $$$ and complexity. I just bought a removable front plate holder from Amazon - Big Mike's Performance Parts, it's called a Sto N Sho. Haven't installed it yet on my 427 'Vert but looks easy and a decent piece.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:52 PM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

I have the bracket from Top Flight Reproductions. If you have to have one, it's one of the better ones. They have a removable and non removable model. I have the removable one with a color matched frame.

Get notified of new replies

To Front License Plate Bracket

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Bracket