C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which header for LS2

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 05:52 AM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

If you keeping the LS2 heads, even ported, run a 1.75" header. It will make more power everywhere on the LS2 than the 1 7/8" header.

Good luck!
Old 04-06-2018, 11:23 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahrmike
Ohh. They probably did too much inner porting after they welded the tube. If its a really thin break in the weld the carbon might seal up the holes enough so they arent leaking anymore. Or, if they only leak at WOT it might not matter since the car goes into open loop anyway and ignores the O2s.

That is prtty terrible that ARH won't honor it though. I can understand a defect since i believe the porting is done by hand after its welded, but they should stand by their products.
I think you can see that they are leaking on the underside also,,,(All Eight Are Like This One) Strange Huh.....ARH has very poor quality control...You think.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:29 PM
YLOFEVR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Default C6 Headers

I've had LG Long Tubes with hi-flow cats and am very happy with them--no problems with install, fitment or performance.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:40 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 713 Likes on 494 Posts

$155 on the auction site....fits great, SS, TIG welded, all O2 extensions and hardware included. Stolen from another design, but every long tube design was stolen from W2W which is no longer around
Attached Images   
Old 04-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Andysherman
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I have ARH 1.75's with their catted x-pipe on my 07... unfortunate about the other posts to the contrary, but mine went on & fit like a dream, tucked up extremely nicely in the tunnel, with the rear O2 sensors slanted in a very well-thought out fashion (& I'm an engineer). Flange seals are good, & this guy is EXTREMELY happy that I went the extra expense for the excellent fit & finish.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:34 AM
xerox17
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with hinson ceramic coated headers and noncatted xpipe and they fit great no leaks
Old 04-12-2018, 02:16 PM
Joe Link
Advanced

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
$155 on the auction site....fits great, SS, TIG welded, all O2 extensions and hardware included. Stolen from another design, but every long tube design was stolen from W2W which is no longer around
Which brand? Got a link?
Old 04-12-2018, 10:12 PM
da6speed
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts

1-7/8 ARH here. No leaks. Fit great. Easy install. No regrets. And did not interfere with trans cooler lines. Oem gaskets and a/m bolts.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:02 PM
Joe Link
Advanced

I was all set to pull the trigger on a set of OBX headers, but I was nervous due to a few of the negative threads I saw here and elsewhere (overall reviews do seem positive though).

I read the fine print and the eBay ads for everyone selling the OBX package stipulated that the buyer was responsible for covering shipping both ways and a 25% restocking fee, no matter what. This didn't sit well with me, as I know I'd be mad if I got a crappy set and had to pay a couple hundred for them to fix an issue which was in no way my fault.

I decided to check out Maryland Speed, who made me a great deal on Kook's for my CTS-V. They're running a couple package deals on Kook's and Halltech or Vararam intakes which I was considering. Then a chat window pops up and....we'll just say they made me an offer I couldn't refuse

Yeah, my wallet is quite a bit lighter, but I'll sleep better knowing I have quality parts on my vehicle and that I have two great companies backing me up should a problem arise.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:20 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,639 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Link
I was all set to pull the trigger on a set of OBX headers, but I was nervous due to a few of the negative threads I saw here and elsewhere (overall reviews do seem positive though).

I read the fine print and the eBay ads for everyone selling the OBX package stipulated that the buyer was responsible for covering shipping both ways and a 25% restocking fee, no matter what. This didn't sit well with me, as I know I'd be mad if I got a crappy set and had to pay a couple hundred for them to fix an issue which was in no way my fault.

I decided to check out Maryland Speed, who made me a great deal on Kook's for my CTS-V. They're running a couple package deals on Kook's and Halltech or Vararam intakes which I was considering. Then a chat window pops up and....we'll just say they made me an offer I couldn't refuse

Yeah, my wallet is quite a bit lighter, but I'll sleep better knowing I have quality parts on my vehicle and that I have two great companies backing me up should a problem arise.
I hope you get them , there has been more than one complaint about that vendor, do a search
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-5-months.html

Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 04-20-2018 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:44 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Link

the OBX are a quality part with perfect fit and finish that will make the same power as anything out there.100 % tig welded all the way around header pipe on flanges so you won't have leaks.have had on my car for 7 years with no issues
Old 04-20-2018, 05:11 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 713 Likes on 494 Posts

the ones I bought are out of stock but they told me they are expecting more. The seller is "awesomecarparts"

Mine fit extremely well, and came with clamps and o2 extensions.
Attached Images  
Old 04-22-2018, 03:36 AM
sabastian458
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Personal experience with my C5 with ls2 swap. Originally has LG 1 3/4 castles and car felt good, but the lower primaries had accumulated some damage, one was 1/2 flat. So I went with one of the cheaper options for LTs in 1 3/4, and found that the LT lengths to be a fair amount shorter, also the car felt bottle necked. Immediately removed and installed a set of Stainless Works 1 7/8 and the car was better than ever. If I had to do it again I would go 1 7/8 or 2 inch primaries.

220 TFS, FAST 92, vindicator cam, 60lb injectors and a Vararam. Good for 471hp on a conservative tune. Same setup but in a GTO and different tune netted 439.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:55 AM
Joe Link
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dcasole
I hope you get them , there has been more than one complaint about that vendor, do a search
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-5-months.html

Dave
Damn, so do I. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:53 PM
Neumonic2002
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

I ran 1 3/4 ARH W/High Flow cats on mt 06 LS2, install was easy and never had an issue with any leaks.
Car also had Trick Flow As Cast 220's, Yella Terra Rockers, 235/239 Comp Cam, Fast 102 intake, ported TB and a Vararam and put down 503/447

I have installed Kook's on several cars, I like them as well.

Quick Reply: Which header for LS2