C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargo lights, and courtesy lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 12:47 PM
apollo240
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cargo lights, and courtesy lights

Just traded my 02 Z for a 13 GS. I noticed the cargo lights dont turn on with anything. Popped the panels out and noticed they were unplugged. Plugged them in, they come on. However they only come on when the hatch is open. They wont turn on when the doors open or when the interior light button is turned on. Is this normal? Someone else said all theirs come on.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:02 AM
apollo240
Racer

Nothing? Wrong section?
Old 07-31-2017, 01:17 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by apollo240
Just traded my 02 Z for a 13 GS. I noticed the cargo lights dont turn on with anything. Popped the panels out and noticed they were unplugged. Plugged them in, they come on. However they only come on when the hatch is open. They wont turn on when the doors open or when the interior light button is turned on. Is this normal? Someone else said all theirs come on.
It's how they work. When the door is open, the under dash and under mirror lights come on until the door is closed, and it takes a few seconds for the lights to go out.
The cargo area lights only come on when the hatch is open. They don't light up with the doors, or the interior light switch.
The Cargo lights are controlled from the hatch latch mechanism only.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:26 PM
apollo240
Racer

Ok cool, thats a relief, kind of annoying since they did come on in the c5 and stuff always slid back but oh well. Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Cargo lights, and courtesy lights

Quick Reply: Cargo lights, and courtesy lights