C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Preventive Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 11:32 AM
CSIXVET
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Preventive Maintenance

My 2006 LT3 Corvette coupe with 76K miles was actually built in the 4th quarter of 2005.

I recently had all the hoses and belts replaced to try and head off any problems.

In addition to the belts and hoses, regular engine oil and filter, engine air filter, transmission service, brake fluid change out, cabin air filter, brake pad & tire inspections, sway bar end links, are there any other important things to be done to keep the car reliable and long trip ready?

A squeaking harmonic balancer has been changed out.

Thanks for you input.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:46 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 202 Likes on 170 Posts

How are the tires?
Old 07-02-2017, 12:52 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by CSIXVET
My 2006 LT3 Corvette coupe with 76K miles was actually built in the 4th quarter of 2005.

I recently had all the hoses and belts replaced to try and head off any problems.

In addition to the belts and hoses, regular engine oil and filter, engine air filter, transmission service, brake fluid change out, cabin air filter, brake pad & tire inspections, sway bar end links, are there any other important things to be done to keep the car reliable and long trip ready?

A squeaking harmonic balancer has been changed out.

Thanks for you input.
Looks like you have it covered. Tires are the most important as far as safety goes. If you still have used GY F1's on your car, that would be the first thing to change out. They are very dangerous on wet highways, and on longish road trips, it's hard to not encounter some rain.
I keep a 12v compressor, plug kit in the cubby hole. I have non runflats, but even with runflats, it is nice to be able to pump up the tires to keep air pressure in them in case of picking up a nail or similar.
A sidewall blowout will not help with either tires.
I have a 2006 coupe, 87K miles, and most of those were from long distance road trips.

Good Luck, have fun, and enjoy the C6. They are a great highway road trip cruiser

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 07-02-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Preventive Maintenance

Quick Reply: Preventive Maintenance