C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 Non-OEM Replacement Tires - Tire Pressures?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 08:25 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Z06 Non-OEM Replacement Tires - Tire Pressures?

Just replaced my 11-year old OEM Goodyear runflats (no comments please) with same size Michelin Pilot Super Sport PS2 ZP runflats. The installer inflated the Michelins to 32psi cold, opposed to the OEM requirement for 30psi cold. My question is, should I still use the OEM requirement to achieve best tire wear, handling and ride comfort or do the Michelins perform better with the higher pressure? Please send me a PM with your advice. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by vetdude; 07-01-2017 at 08:34 AM. Reason: add signature
Old 07-01-2017, 11:03 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by vetdude
Just replaced my 11-year old OEM Goodyear runflats (no comments please) with same size Michelin Pilot Super Sport PS2 ZP runflats. The installer inflated the Michelins to 32psi cold, opposed to the OEM requirement for 30psi cold. My question is, should I still use the OEM requirement to achieve best tire wear, handling and ride comfort or do the Michelins perform better with the higher pressure? Please send me a PM with your advice. Thanks for looking.
lots of posts on here over the last few years stating those tires seemed to do everything better at 32 psi
Old 07-01-2017, 11:08 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by irok
lots of posts on here over the last few years stating those tires seemed to do everything better at 32 psi
Thanks. Thought it would be faster by posting a fresh request rather than sifting through lots of old unrelated posts.

Last edited by vetdude; 07-01-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Non-OEM Replacement Tires - Tire Pressures?

Quick Reply: Z06 Non-OEM Replacement Tires - Tire Pressures?