C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 08:10 PM
rolltide0323
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window problems

So I bought my 05 C6 knowing that there were issues putting down the windows. I thought that it was just a simple window switch which I've replaced but still having the same issues. Right now my drivers side window is halfway down and passenger is a couple of inches down and neither will budge. I've taken the door panel off and looked for bare wires, loose connections and can't find anything. I don't think my mirrors are moving either. I noticed today that when I went to use the passenger side window switch that my radio just cut off.

I've opened the doors and pushed against the black rubber for any loose wires and the windows still won't roll up..

Checked the fuses and they are fine.

Please help before I get mad enough to sell the car.

Thanks
Old 11-26-2016, 10:18 PM
Got uid0
Le Mans Master

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by rolltide0323
So I bought my 05 C6 knowing that there were issues putting down the windows. I thought that it was just a simple window switch which I've replaced but still having the same issues. Right now my drivers side window is halfway down and passenger is a couple of inches down and neither will budge. I've taken the door panel off and looked for bare wires, loose connections and can't find anything. I don't think my mirrors are moving either. I noticed today that when I went to use the passenger side window switch that my radio just cut off.

I've opened the doors and pushed against the black rubber for any loose wires and the windows still won't roll up..

Checked the fuses and they are fine.

Please help before I get mad enough to sell the car.

Thanks
rockauto . com replace the window regulators
Old 11-26-2016, 11:16 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

To me, it is suspicious that both windows do not work. Sure, it's possible but a bit unlikely that both windows would go bad at the same time. Maybe something common to both windows.....
Old 11-27-2016, 12:13 PM
rolltide0323
Intermediate

So I finally got my passenger side window to roll up and it is indexing properly every time. However, the window switch doesn't do anything. The lock button and door latch button works.

The drivers side is a different story. Non of the switches work on the drivers side.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:48 PM
Desert Nomad
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 76 Posts

Time to grab a volt meter and pull out the schematics. Power is not getting to where it should be or that component may be shot.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:49 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Which switch did you replace?
Old 11-28-2016, 07:06 AM
rolltide0323
Intermediate

I replaced the Drivers side window switch. So for some unknown reason the drivers side door switches started working then stopped and started again.

When they started working I moved the mirrors, hit the memory seat buttons, unlocked and lock buttons and window switches.

I rolled the drivers side down multiple times and it worked. I rolled the passenger window down but couldn't roll it back up with out using the passenger window switch.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:07 PM
Paratrooper307
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Some tips, because I ran into window issues on my 05 as well.

Check the door latches. I had door latches that had intermittent issues. Sometimes the car didn't know if the door was open or closed, and that caused issues with indexing, and frequently the window wouldn't move at all.

You also may have a bad relay that's acting up. I had to replace a couple of relays for various systems due to faults.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:24 AM
rolltide0323
Intermediate

My problem was a power wire going into the Windows switch on the Driver side and on the passenger side. Now everything works great.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:37 PM
LuckieC6or7
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rolltide, I have a similar problem with my '07 vert. The passenger window will go down with both switches, but will only go up with passenger switch. I had found the problem with the window when I bought the car, but on the way back to the dealer the window started working, so I said nothing to the dealer. That was the last time it worked. Can you be more specific about where your found the hot wire issue with your vette? Thanks
Old 01-15-2017, 07:59 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Aren't you glad that you didn't just start throwing expensive parts at the problem....?

Get notified of new replies

To Window problems

Quick Reply: Window problems