C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrades with Cam Install?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 09:43 AM
dustbusterplus
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Upgrades with Cam Install?

I'm shopping around to get a cam install on my LS3 A6. I have a pretty good idea of the specs of the cam, but was curious if there are any other maintenance items to have done at the same time.

I am planning to have the crank pinned while they are in there to make a supercharger that much easier if I were to go that route.

Please let me know if there are any other items I should have addressed that I can save labor on while they are in there.

For reference, my car is a base LS3 A6 w/ 40k miles.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:25 AM
dmoneychris
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

I've been looking into a somewhat mild street cam for my 2013 GS MN6. The shop I've been working with recommended to get a set of Shaft Mount rockers to add valvetrain stability & longevity to my build. They are pretty expensive though. Personally, I'm going to hold off on a cam for my car until I can afford, (w/extra mod money) to buy the shaft mount rockers & cam at the same time. (Personally, I don't mind waiting a while so I can get a rock solid build)
(http://texas-speed.com/p-359-comp-ca...2-engines.aspx)

Originally Posted by dustbusterplus
I'm shopping around to get a cam install on my LS3 A6. I have a pretty good idea of the specs of the cam, but was curious if there are any other maintenance items to have done at the same time.

I am planning to have the crank pinned while they are in there to make a supercharger that much easier if I were to go that route.

Please let me know if there are any other items I should have addressed that I can save labor on while they are in there.

Last edited by dmoneychris; 04-07-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:31 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

I highly recommend the following with any camshaft install, with the exception of the obvious gaskets/seals/hardware:

Melling high volume oil pump
C5R timing chain
Trunion upgrade
ARP camshaft bolts
Dual valve springs
Hardened pushrods

We do include all of these parts as well as the 3-bolt conversion for our camshafts and all gaskets/seals/hardware for install in our Cam Kit Plus if you're interested in running one of our grinds.

http://vengeanceracing.net/vengeance...plus-1446.html

Feel free to give me a call or e-mail at david@vengeanceracing.net if you'd like to discuss anything further!

- David @ Vengeance
Old 04-07-2016, 11:52 AM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by dustbusterplus

Should probably look at higher stall converter and transmission cooler. Without one, after the cam install, you will be standing on your brake pedal to stop the car from launching at every red light. If you are not doing the work, the stall install will cost just as much as the cam instal. Both will require a tune so best to do together.

Get notified of new replies

To Upgrades with Cam Install?

Quick Reply: Upgrades with Cam Install?