C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steel braided clutch line DIY

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 10:43 PM
sabersaw30
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jayyyw
OP, anyway you can update the pictures?
Yes please!
Old 08-01-2018, 08:23 PM
RicoSuave3
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone say how this fix holds up ? over time .... Would love to hear if this is suitable as a long term solution since my clutch and cylinders work well , and dont want to have to get into the bell housing if this works
Old 08-03-2018, 02:53 PM
RicoSuave3
3rd Gear

Default Slave line fix

I cannot see why this wouldn't be able to last and be permanent fix , can anyone disagree?
Old 09-29-2018, 03:06 PM
kedar
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Three cheers to blacz151 for an awesome solution!
Old 04-25-2019, 10:40 AM
OilPanShrapnel
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to be the one yet again to bring up such an old thread but it didn't look like blackz had been active in many months so I didn't bother with a pm.

Does anyone know (regarding the soft seal cap) if the center piece with the o-rings is removed and not used or am I just not putting something together correctly? It seems like it has to be removed for the fitting to slide onto the metal part of the factory line.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:56 PM
blackz151
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I know im not on here much anymore but if you have any questions feel free to email me at blackz151 at gmail.com and Ill try to help field any questions.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:30 PM
blackz151
Instructor

Scratch that I just picked up and 07z and Ill be back on here more and more so feel free to pm me with any questions.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:42 PM
blackz151
Instructor

For some stupid reason I can't get back into the account with the pictures.

I was able to find the old ones and put together a PDF file of the diy and the pictures

http://nitroperformance.net/C6ClutchLine.pdf

Let me know if any one has questions and Ill try my best to answer them.
The following 3 users liked this post by blackz151:
BigBlok502 (01-19-2020), schpenxel (05-20-2020), Seein_red (08-01-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 11:19 PM
joshblevins
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blackz151
For some stupid reason I can't get back into the account with the pictures.

I was able to find the old ones and put together a PDF file of the diy and the pictures

http://nitroperformance.net/C6ClutchLine.pdf

Let me know if any one has questions and Ill try my best to answer them.
a billion thanks!!!! This really helped alot and including the parts was icing on the cake!!
The following 2 users liked this post by joshblevins:
blackz151 (05-23-2020), schpenxel (05-20-2020)
Old 08-17-2020, 11:22 PM
redtfk
2nd Gear

tysm for all the info i did something similar to this and the youtube video. I FIXED THIS ISSUE WITHOUT REMOVING MY HEADERS
i ran into this issue as well. i knew i was suppose to ziptie the clutchline away from the headers but comepletely forgot to after installing my longtubes since i was so excited to drive it. Anyways, my problem was that i had my headers welded to my xpipe because fitment was off since they were ebay brands. So removing the headers to fix this would result in me removing the entire exhaust which didnt feel like an option for me to do at home on jack stands. so i decided to fix it except with a different method easier to do with headers on. Ngl it was tedious and i dealt with alot of hand injuries, it took a while.
HERES HOW I DID IT: req: 1/4 tube, 4 fuel line clamps
SO i cut the clutch line in half from the point where it was leaking from (assuming we all have a leak in a very similar spot from 7/8 headers), cut off the burnt (useless) oem sleeve on the line, and inserted a smooth 1/4 tube ( i was originally using barb 1/4 fitting but was impossible to fit in hose with little space to work from headers) so i purchased a pistol grip blowgun( 1/4 tube) at auto parts cheap as hell, sawed off the 1/4 tube that came on it. the tube is about 5 inches, so i squeezed the tube into the open cut ends and then reconnected the hose with the tube in the middle, and then used 4 fuel line clamps ( 2 on each side) after that i ziptied the hose just to add more safety on it. SImple as that! no need to drop the trany or remove headers.
note: i had to jack the car up and have a friend over the car while i was underneath to perform this since the reach is hard espcially if you dont have a skinny wrist, , your hands may hurt or bleed from lack of space but its doable with patience and the right tools, you will need long needle nose pliers and extensions for your socket and drill. ive been driving with this set up and my clutch works fine, sorry for the quick brief explanation, lmk if you have questions
Old 12-03-2020, 09:00 PM
Tobezzz
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bringing this thread back! I recently burnt my clutch line but was told the transmission needed to be removed. After viewing this all I can do is purchase a new hydraulic line and swap it ?? Obviously I would remove the headers to create more space. Is that correct? Any recommendations on which clutch line to get ?
please and thank you !
Old 10-02-2022, 07:44 PM
jmule
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I know this is an old post, but I would like to update a few things. I to had my clutch line burst due to being too close the header and the clutch fluid did catch fire. I was able to put it out before it did serious damage. I was glad to have found this info on the forum, but want to share some updated info on parts. I'm attaching the original PDF for the installation and a list of parts to obtain from Discount Hydrolic Hose (https://www.discounthydraulichose.com) Original Instructions

5201S-06 | DIN 2353 S (M14x1.5) Tube Nut - 2ea (the original poster lists 2 soft seal caps, which is not correct.)

9606-04-S06-14 | 1/4" JIC Male x M14x1.5 Metric Male (fits 6 mm tube) - 2ea

5202-06 | DIN 2353 Cutting Ring - 4ea (2 extra for mistakes)

R14-05-ASB | 1/4" SAE 100R14A PTFE Hose Assembly - 1ea (12") I ordered the hose assembled for extra cost.
fitting1: FJX-04-04
itting2: FJX-04-04
orientation: none
inches: 12

I'm attaching the picture showing the cutting ring orientation.

I also purchased metal tie wraps and DEI heat sheilding from local auto parts store. I found this repair to be surperior to the orginal flex line and a great permanent fix.

Quick Reply: Steel braided clutch line DIY