C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Traction Control System Check, Reduce Speed, Engine Check

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 09:41 PM
1of 109made
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2012 Traction Control System Check, Reduce Speed, Engine Check

2012 Carlisle Blue - 1 of 109 Made. This week Title Symptoms - while Traveling on 95S in FLA. 65MPH - car went into shut down - (limp mode). Dash indicators: Traction Control System Check, Check Engine, Reduce Speed. Limped to the shoulder, called road side service.

Dealer reports - Gas Pedal Sensor Failure. Subsequently on incline, can hear ' feel rear u-joint drag, also on speed reduction, can feel drive shaft drag. All thoughts - experiences welcome.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:20 PM
matt_lowry123
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

It sounds like you and I are having some of the same problems. I haven't took it anywhere to get it checked out yet, but I think it has something to do with the internal mode switch. Keep us posted!!
Old 09-02-2015, 03:43 PM
1of 109made
Advanced

Well - I'd have it checked out. Moving from the left lane to the shoulder on a major highway is not fun. Vette bitterly shut down. When in limp mode, the throttle does not work. Your lucky I guess you can drive yours, mine is not drive-able. Will keep all'ya'all posted.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:12 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I would worry about the throttle pedal part of their concern first. The rest I'm not so sure about.

Can you get the actual code from them?

Usually in reduce power mode max throttle is something like 5%.. very little power, just enough to move the car if you have to. Certainly not ideal to have happen while on the highway!
Old 09-02-2015, 04:15 PM
1of 109made
Advanced

Your right Man ! - it wasn't fun. Will update as they uncover. ONLY has 12K miles on it. Other than Headlight recall - was worry free to date.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:18 AM
matt_lowry123
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by 1of 109made
Well - I'd have it checked out. Moving from the left lane to the shoulder on a major highway is not fun. Vette bitterly shut down. When in limp mode, the throttle does not work. Your lucky I guess you can drive yours, mine is not drive-able. Will keep all'ya'all posted.
Take it to auto zone and see if they'll read the codes for you. I'm throwing the same codes but I misread about the shut down part. Mine gets stuck in first or second. Yours sounds like the reduced engine power. Without knowing the codes, I can tell you what I've done to my car. One time it happened and I needed a new throttle body. The sensor in it went bad. It felt like I had 5hp and the car would only go 45mph or so. Before that I had something wrong with the throttle posisition sensor in the gas pedal. It was the same symptoms as you're describing.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:20 PM
1of 109made
Advanced

Originally Posted by matt_lowry123
Take it to auto zone and see if they'll read the codes for you. I'm throwing the same codes but I misread about the shut down part. Mine gets stuck in first or second. Yours sounds like the reduced engine power. Without knowing the codes, I can tell you what I've done to my car. One time it happened and I needed a new throttle body. The sensor in it went bad. It felt like I had 5hp and the car would only go 45mph or so. Before that I had something wrong with the throttle posisition sensor in the gas pedal. It was the same symptoms as you're describing.
Thanks all for your replies - Dealer replaced the sensor but as I let off the accelerator I can now feel a drag.

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 Traction Control System Check, Reduce Speed, Engine Check

Quick Reply: 2012 Traction Control System Check, Reduce Speed, Engine Check