C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 12:16 AM
Ira T
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by victorf
^^^Ira, my friend, their ad been up since last year, maybe maker(Maybe Taiwanese) was gauging market, but '05 model market is too small!

Ever consider 4.10 rear end? Which, put a smile on my face, regardless of throttle position or any gears...certainly more cost and efforts:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...cal-style.html

Having that rear end, I don't mind the wait for the possible RevHigh or Vitesse controller!

I have the 3.15 rear, so I have more pep than some automatics, and I don't mind waiting, either. I'm just ticked off that someone is out there trying to sell something they don't have and never have had!
Maybe that is just the way they do business "down under!"
Old 10-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Bruisr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed mine today... much easier to remove the pedal using a 13mm socket. Use the dremmel to make a small hole in the ashtray housing and fished the led display wire to the control unit. Used a piece of Velcro to the back of the LCD unit to inside the ashtray.. out of sight when ashtray door so closed. SP7 settingwas my choice.. awesome unit!!!!
Old 10-04-2016, 08:09 PM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
Default 05

Originally Posted by victorf
There are a few company out on the web sells, other than with a different label name but essentially the same product! So....I don't think this "vendor" is the original maker, who can "figured" out the solution for the '05 crowd!

I emailed him near the end of last year, his first response was the '05 unit was "four" days away...just needs a little more final testing.....followed with one more email few months later - response was, still working on it and will contact me when ready....

Same time frame ^^^^ last year, from down under, an Australian company, advertised an identical number steps function unit in stock for an '05...I emailed the company, was told the advertise and "available" '05 unit is not yet available but it is at final testing stage...subsequent email response: they will contact me when ready!

Now, I believe it when someone is using it!!

The reason is of the C6 05 was first C6 of course and has a different computer They went with a different brain in 06-13 But I think there is at least one company that works for the 05 but it's a 100 bucks more

Last edited by yellowmnm; 10-04-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:21 PM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Great Warranty!

I bought mine a year ago! The same guy that owns the company still answers the phone.
I had a problem that started after 11 months. I kept getting power failure code, and I would lose my power. I had to pull over and wait about 5 minutes and restart and the code would disappear and it would drive ok again. then it kept getting worse to wear I couldn't drive it very far with out that code popping up. I called him told him what it was doing, we tried some stuff over the phone that didn't work, so he mailed me a new one at no cost and it works great!
He's a very honest guy! What can I say! Doesn't get any better than that
Old 10-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Bruisr
Intermediate

Default Vitesse

Reviewing the multiple articles on this unit so far it's the best upgrade for my 2011GS A6... but no more than that for my needs( I have my 87 Buick GN for that)But in the event this unit "fails" I carry the basic tools needed to convert back to stock while on the road. After using this Vitesse unit I wouldn't want to go back to stock...
Old 10-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 527 Likes on 355 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by Bruisr
Reviewing the multiple articles on this unit so far it's the best upgrade for my 2011GS A6... but no more than that for my needs( I have my 87 Buick GN for that)But in the event this unit "fails" I carry the basic tools needed to convert back to stock while on the road. After using this Vitesse unit I wouldn't want to go back to stock...
Yes, I would hate going back to stock
Old 10-13-2016, 10:59 AM
Fungi
Heel & Toe

Does anyone know the trick in unplugging the factory throttle cable?
I have pulled up the red clip but it will not unplug.
Thanks
Old 10-13-2016, 11:20 AM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Fungi
Does anyone know the trick in unplugging the factory throttle cable?
I have pulled up the red clip but it will not unplug.
Thanks
i use a small right angle pic. I've installed two of them using that tool. Works perfect.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:32 PM
Fungi
Heel & Toe

Thank you sir!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2016, 07:02 PM
mvvette97
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Is this seller even on here anymore? I bought mine last November 7th and it failed today. Wasn't sure what kind of warranty they have on it but I feel it should last londer than 10 months.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:02 PM
ray_ray
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mvvette97
Is this seller even on here anymore? I bought mine last November 7th and it failed today. Wasn't sure what kind of warranty they have on it but I feel it should last londer than 10 months.
mine lasted about 10 or 11 months..
Old 10-16-2016, 08:09 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by ray_ray
mine lasted about 10 or 11 months..
In what way did it fail? Did the buttons fail? Did you start getting error codes?
Old 10-16-2016, 08:15 PM
ray_ray
Pro

Originally Posted by Carvin
In what way did it fail? Did the buttons fail? Did you start getting error codes?
started getting throttle opening codes, took off the unit and cleared codes..never came back
The following users liked this post:
Carvin (10-16-2016)
Old 10-16-2016, 09:01 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

had the same problem. chased the problem through HP tuners. tried to get the computer to ignore the code. Quit throwing the code but still went into reduced power. Unplugged the unit from the gas pedal and reinstalled the factory harness. problem went away. rehooked the throttle controller back up and went back through the learning process. The problem hasn't come back. That was months ago.
I just wonder if the unit gets a glitch and when you unplug the unit and reset it, the problem gets resolved.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:04 PM
ray_ray
Pro

Originally Posted by russ472
had the same problem. chased the problem through HP tuners. tried to get the computer to ignore the code. Quit throwing the code but still went into reduced power. Unplugged the unit from the gas pedal and reinstalled the factory harness. problem went away. rehooked the throttle controller back up and went back through the learning process. The problem hasn't come back. That was months ago.
I just wonder if the unit gets a glitch and when you unplug the unit and reset it, the problem gets resolved.
l haven't reinstalled mine..but after reading what you did i think i will..thanks
Old 10-16-2016, 09:04 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by yellowmnm
I bought mine a year ago! The same guy that owns the company still answers the phone.
I had a problem that started after 11 months. I kept getting power failure code, and I would lose my power. I had to pull over and wait about 5 minutes and restart and the code would disappear and it would drive ok again. then it kept getting worse to wear I couldn't drive it very far with out that code popping up. I called him told him what it was doing, we tried some stuff over the phone that didn't work, so he mailed me a new one at no cost and it works great!
He's a very honest guy! What can I say! Doesn't get any better than that
Have been having a few issues but seem to be ok if I stay at SP6 or lower.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:17 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,639 Posts

started getting throttle opening codes, took off the unit and cleared codes..never came back
Have you tried to contact them??

Many have this unit on their car and have never had an issue, some have had a problem and a simple recalibrate clears the issue
And others have gotten a new unit from the vendor when it is determined that it is bad

Very responsive and great guy .... you should try to contact
him

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Old 10-16-2016, 09:37 PM
ray_ray
Pro

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Have you tried to contact them??

Many have this unit on their car and have never had an issue, some have had a problem and a simple recalibrate clears the issue
And others have gotten a new unit from the vendor when it is determined that it is bad

Very responsive and great guy .... you should try to contact
him

Dave
i think I'm going to reinstall and let it reprogram first ..if the codes come back i will contact them..thanks
Old 10-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,639 Posts

i think I'm going to reinstall and let it reprogram first ..if the codes come back i will contact them..thanks
programing the low end is easy.... most including me mess up the top end . I had to do mine over after I realized that I did not get it right

Good luck !

Dave
Old 10-16-2016, 09:51 PM
ray_ray
Pro

Originally Posted by Dcasole
programing the low end is easy.... most including me mess up the top end . I had to do mine over after I realized that I did not get it right

Good luck !

Dave
how do you program the top end?

Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!