C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no power

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:24 PM
806vett
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no power

Well today is not my day, first started with the glass guys reinstalling my back glass sins I just finished painting it this week end, and they chipped it. Then Once I was putting the car together my driver side window would not go up, so I took the door back apart. Buddy at work comes up to me and says he has a old trick to see if it's the wire harness(sins I got some paint in it) or the window motor. I let him do his thing he brings over a jumper box and a pair of wires hooked positive to one negative to the other. thinking he knew what wires went to the window motor he stuck them in 2 different holes. Well guess what looks like it shorted everything all that works is the headlights, trunk release,gas lid, and that's it doors will not unlock, or open have nothing showing up on the dash won't even show a message or light up, fob won't work, and car won't starts.

I checked all of the fuse's they all seem to be good so my last guess is the bcm is no good. Im stuck anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-20-2015, 10:23 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

I have no answers at this time but sounds like you need to get it to someone who actually knows what they are doing and do a proper diagnostic. Could be a blown BCM but don't start throwing parts at it blindly.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:14 PM
806vett
Advanced

Originally Posted by RicK T
I have no answers at this time but sounds like you need to get it to someone who actually knows what they are doing and do a proper diagnostic. Could be a blown BCM but don't start throwing parts at it blindly.
Will do, I will have it towed to a Chevy dealership first thing tomorrow morning. Hopefully they can figure something out.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:21 PM
martysauto
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by 806vett
Will do, I will have it towed to a Chevy dealership first thing tomorrow morning. Hopefully they can figure something out.
I hope you have deep pockets! My guess is you'll get an estimate for about $3000.00. Listen for the words "we have to start here" that means be prepared for another expensive call.
Take it to a corvette specialty shop.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:51 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

I would at least do a battery disconnect for a minute or two to see if anything resets. It probably wont but it cant hurt to try. Maybe you'll get lucky.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:57 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by martysauto
I hope you have deep pockets! My guess is you'll get an estimate for about $3000.00. Listen for the words "we have to start here" that means be prepared for another expensive call.
Take it to a corvette specialty shop.
this could get ugly.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:41 PM
806vett
Advanced

Well the cars at the dealership and they just now started looking into it. The 2 wires the guy at work made contact with in the drivers door harness is a thin red wire with a white stripe and the other was 2 brown wires going into one pin by any chance do yall know what they are?
Old 05-03-2015, 09:46 AM
RoadkingC6
Drifting

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Any updates on how this turned out they have had the car since Monday now?
Old 05-07-2015, 11:42 PM
806vett
Advanced

Still nothing , they bought a new bcm which they agreed with me if that was not the problem I would not have to pay for it. They installed it but for some reason can't connect with it to program it, and still the car will not turn on not even the accessory mode. They told me that he had to be able to wake up the bcm in order to program it and that today he was going to try and run some test to see if the door modules where good becouse they might have something to do with the bcm not responding. I did notice that the little red light on the doors was only on on the passenger door but not the drivers door, and when you open the doors with the inside latch the ignition switch turns on the small red light and after a min. Or 2 it go's to green but that's it, and when you press it all you hear is alot of clicking . Any one know if this is true, I'm getting a little frustrated I know I got myself in this situation but I really miss driving it.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:17 PM
806vett
Advanced

Lunch bump

Get notified of new replies

To no power

Quick Reply: no power