C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tr6060 rebuilding thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 11:24 PM
O7r6
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tr6060 rebuilding thoughts

So my tranny finally needs a rebuild and just having some thoughts between a couple options. So I firstly I have a 08 base putting down 549hp with 462lbs and I'm debating either rebuilding it my self which I'm fully capable of sending it to have someone do it for me, power wise I don't plan on putting anymore down for a couple more years and I'm truly thinking of rebuilding it my self I was just wondering what the best parts setup to do with the power I'm putting down I don't do digs I more or less do track days and threw way rolls
Old 02-04-2015, 05:35 AM
dev1360
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thegearbox.org will have all you need.

Carbon blockers in 1-4, and bronze pads are all you need.

I rebuilt mine, it's really not a hard job if you have access to information and tools. May be best to let a pro do a full rebuild. You will need to set bearing preload and the special pulling tools are nice.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:29 PM
kedar
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

The choice is simple: send it to RPM Transmissions in Indiana and have them rebuild it.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:41 PM
mattdracing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it were me...I would definitely send it to RPM Transmissions. They are the experts on that. I plan to have them do a built trans for me very shortly. My buddy's zr1 has their level 6 build and it is nice
Old 02-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Here's a how-to if you are interested.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-rebuild.html

Justin (Juic3d) and I had a conversation about this. I have watched a guy rebuild my transmission who does it for a living, and he showed me parts that he said were bad vs new. I candidly couldn't tell the difference. I warned Justin that he would not know what was bad vs good without the experience and training as the difference between good and bad is so esoteric. Thus, in my opinion, without the training you might not replace parts that were bad, or conversely, replace good parts unnecessarily.

He ended up doing it himself and even posted up the how to. I think it worked out for him.

Get notified of new replies

To Tr6060 rebuilding thoughts

Quick Reply: Tr6060 rebuilding thoughts