C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead Battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 11:13 PM
PEERPSI
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default Dead Battery

So I go out to my car pull back the cover to get into the passengers side to find that the cover got caught in the window when it went up. I'd been in it a couple of weeks ago looking for a kids lost wallet.

Damn if the battery isn't stone cold dead. I'm thinking the window sat there trying to go up unsuccessfully.

Now I'm worried the window motor might be bad?

Anyone else ever had this happen?
Old 10-05-2014, 06:16 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

No, I haven't had that happen and I tend to doubt that's the cause of the batt. going bad or being dead. What year car, and how old is the batt.? I also doubt the window motor is burned out since it would've stopped trying to index/close probably after a couple minutes, or less. Remember, if there's an obstruction, typically the window will stop or roll down. Need to look for something else imo.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:27 AM
PEERPSI
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AORoads
No, I haven't had that happen and I tend to doubt that's the cause of the batt. going bad or being dead. What year car, and how old is the batt.? I also doubt the window motor is burned out since it would've stopped trying to index/close probably after a couple minutes, or less. Remember, if there's an obstruction, typically the window will stop or roll down. Need to look for something else imo.
07 Z with 10K miles. I'm leaning towards the battery being done. My last one was an 03 Z with similar mileage and was on it's third battery. I suspect I'll be heating the dealer in the spring for a new OEM battery.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:17 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Yes, I think you are correct. That is an "old" battery in '07 Corvette language.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:21 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

I agree with Bill, if this is the original battery, then you have gotten a good life from it and it just needs to be replaced. You are way out at the end of the bell curve for battery life....
Old 10-08-2014, 01:03 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,952 Likes on 5,345 Posts

Why go to the dealer and pay the dealer tax? If you want a Delco just go to an Auto Parts store that sells Delco batteries. You should have one or two in your area.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Dead Battery

Quick Reply: Dead Battery