C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

climate control problem returns.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 05:41 AM
laticsfan
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default climate control problem returns.

The passenger side air vents keeps blowing hot air no matter what the temp setting is. I have full control on the drivers side .I pulled the fuses and reset the mode doors and the problem went away for a couple of weeks. Then it returned. The system has the correct charge as checked by a very good a/c shop and I had the mode doors synched using a tech 2 scanner. The problem went away again for a couple of weeks but then returned. Pulling the fuses fixes it but only for a couple of weeks each time. The tech using the scanner said the mode door actuator on the passenger side is about 4 counts different than the drivers. He said there are 250 counts in a cycle so he wasn't too worried about the discrepancy. The car is an 09 Coupe with 60000 kms. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 08-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,369 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I don't recall the details, but the actuators for the HVAC system behind the dash sometimes get goofy or break completely.

The parts are not too expensive, but the labor to remove/reinstall the dash, is pretty big. It's usually suggested that if you do need to replace an actuator, you replace all of them and take the big hit for labor, only once.

Hope it's something else...

Quick Reply: climate control problem returns.