C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque app and bluetooth dongle

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 05:57 PM
JRS 94
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Torque app and bluetooth dongle

Does anyone have experience with Torque for android and bluetooth dongles? If so, what dongle are you using and what can it do?
Searched but didn't see much. Seems like a good alternative to a code scanner. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:03 PM
jad568
Twin Turbo Meth Injected!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JRS 94
Does anyone have experience with Torque for android and bluetooth dongles? If so, what dongle are you using and what can it do?
Searched but didn't see much. Seems like a good alternative to a code scanner. Thanks in advance.
I just bought the "iDiagnose® Smallest Super Mini ELM327 V1.5 Bluetooth OBD2 OBD-II CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Scanner Tool Wireless OBD2 Scan Tool CAR Code Reader - ANDROID Compatible" from Amazon for $14.99 with free shipping.

Amazon.com: iDiagnose® Smallest Super Mini ELM327 V1.5 Bluetooth OBD2 OBD-II CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Scanner Tool Wireless OBD2 Scan Tool CAR Code Reader - ANDROID Compatible: Automotive Amazon.com: iDiagnose® Smallest Super Mini ELM327 V1.5 Bluetooth OBD2 OBD-II CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Scanner Tool Wireless OBD2 Scan Tool CAR Code Reader - ANDROID Compatible: Automotive

I've used it a few times now to deal with some misfiring issues and to clear some codes. I have had other simple OBD2 scanners that you would buy at your local auto parts store and these ELM327 scanners give you a tone more information.

I paid the $4.99 for the "Torque Pro" App and it works great on my Note3! There are a ton of ELM327 adapters as I'm sure you have seen. I decided to get the one I did because of its very low profile. We don't have much in the way of extra leg room so the last thing I wanted was a dongle hanging down low enough to get snapped off.

It was very easy to pair with my phone and the graphing is a very nice feature.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:11 PM
1StopJeff
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using the app for a couple of years. I just bought a Bluetooth ODBII adapter on eBay. You can do all kinds of diag with it, it will read your O2 sensors and graph them, read and clear your codes and if your Android device is equipped with an accelerometer/GPS it will give you 0-60 times and estimate your horsepower. It is an amazing little app.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,020 Likes on 2,175 Posts

Ditto, low profile elm37 blue tooth adapter, and you are set for the droid phone.

I'm running a I phone with Dash commander, which requires the elm37 "Wifi" adapter instead of Bluetooth adapter, which costs more for that adapter.

As for a place to set the phone, Mod'd hockey puck works best for me (holds the phone tight to get good G meter readings).
Old 08-21-2014, 10:02 PM
JRS 94
Instructor

thanks everyone
Old 08-29-2014, 08:00 PM
JRS 94
Instructor

Originally Posted by JRS 94
thanks everyone
I bought the idianose dongle, it did pair to my phone but torque doesn't see it, any ideas? The little cd does not offer any help. What am I missing?

oops, settings type of connector.

Got it working.

Thanks

Last edited by JRS 94; 08-29-2014 at 08:41 PM. Reason: figured out problem
Old 09-01-2014, 02:28 PM
jachin99
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scan tool is also getting ready to release a WIFI dongle that can access CANBUS. I have the scantool LX bluetooth adapter, and it works alright but i had to play around with the adapter settings to get it to not play around with my traction control. I ended up not even leaving it in the car because it slowed my tablet down too much, but then again i have about five apps running at once including torque widgets.

Get notified of new replies

To Torque app and bluetooth dongle

Quick Reply: Torque app and bluetooth dongle