C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

average power per part???

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 12:30 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by C6vettegfw
awesome bud this was exactly what i was looking for. if anyone else out there with this same set up wants to chime in and say how much rwhp they made feel free!!!!
Cool. I have 4.10 gears that take about 10-15 off the inertia dyno numbers.

If you have stock gears you should have about 475/425 on a Dynojet 248 dyno SAE correction 5.

Get some skinnies, take your passenger seat out, and practice, and on a cold night with negative DA that's a 10 second machine. I did it with stock heads...but it wasn't easy I'll tell you, you need to learn to launch.

We went through all of this 5-6 years ago on the forum, max HP build is a G6x3 (or similar big cam) and Trickflow 225's. Not a budget build but it'll get 520/440 with 3.42 gears. Look up DSP300c's posts and track results (t he top manual guy on the LS2 internal mods fast list)

You're going to be very happy when that tach swings around past 4500.....

But you better not bet any money against that Gallardo....experience talking here....
Old 08-17-2014, 02:02 AM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Cool. I have 4.10 gears that take about 10-15 off the inertia dyno numbers.

If you have stock gears you should have about 475/425 on a Dynojet 248 dyno SAE correction 5.

Get some skinnies, take your passenger seat out, and practice, and on a cold night with negative DA that's a 10 second machine. I did it with stock heads...but it wasn't easy I'll tell you, you need to learn to launch.

We went through all of this 5-6 years ago on the forum, max HP build is a G6x3 (or similar big cam) and Trickflow 225's. Not a budget build but it'll get 520/440 with 3.42 gears. Look up DSP300c's posts and track results (t he top manual guy on the LS2 internal mods fast list)

You're going to be very happy when that tach swings around past 4500.....

But you better not bet any money against that Gallardo....experience talking here....
Ha ha yeah I hear ya bud on the gallardo but I'm not gonna run with him until I do the A&A with meth injection,stage 2 fuel system and new clutch.After that I should be hitting 750 rwhp + and with some good tires and a while to get used to launching the old girl I think I should be able to give him a run for his money. I'll put it this way it will at east be interesting for a lot of our friends. Ha ha ha. But in the mean time I'll have fun with my n/a car until the horse power bug bites again in the spring!!!! Cheers bud.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:15 PM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by C6vettegfw
Ha ha yeah I hear ya bud on the gallardo but I'm not gonna run with him until I do the A&A with meth injection,stage 2 fuel system and new clutch.After that I should be hitting 750 rwhp + and with some good tires and a while to get used to launching the old girl I think I should be able to give him a run for his money. I'll put it this way it will at east be interesting for a lot of our friends. Ha ha ha. But in the mean time I'll have fun with my n/a car until the horse power bug bites again in the spring!!!! Cheers bud.
What do you think the average set of stage 2 cnc ported 243's make for rwhp???

Quick Reply: average power per part???