C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0700 & p0894

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 08:11 PM
MuscleHP
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0700 & p0894

I have a 2005 C6 A4 with about 55k miles .About two months ago I installed a cam and 3800 stall.

After I got it installed and tuned my tuner told me it seemed like my tranny fluid was low.

I drove it for a few days and it was slipping a lot and coming out of gear going into 3rd on the few WOT attempts I tried.

So I took it to a transmission shop and they told me it was about 2 quarts low and they filled it up. And that the fluid that came out when they pulled the drain plug looked clean and they didn't see any debris.

So after that it drove great and shifted perfect when doing pulls.

Until about the last week or so. Whenever I would do a hard pull from about 55-60mph it would shift past it's shift points like it was having trouble shifting .

Most of my driving is around town or on the freeway for a few minutes.

Until today, I had to drive about an hour on the freeway and if I would give it a little bit of gas "traction control active" would pop up.

Then on my way back home the check engine light came on and I pulled into an advanced auto parts and borrowed their code reader and got the codes P0700 and P0894 .

Any ideas on what could be the problem would be great.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:52 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

The P0700 is just the MIL instruction. The P0894 is usually seen in cars that have changed rear gears and/or put in a stall converter and the TCM is not tuned accordingly. If the engine speed doesn't properly match the trans output speed it sees a problem and sets the code. It may or may not go into limp mode, I'm not clear on that.

You mentioned your "tuner". Did he tune the TCM?

Quick code search just for reference:

Possible causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty or contaminated fluid
- Internal transmission failure

Help with Possible causes What does this mean?
When is the code detected?
When the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects excessive Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) slip when the TCC should be engage, then the trouble code P0894 is set.

P0894 Chevrolet Description

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the difference between engine speed and transmission output speed. In D3 drive range with Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) engaged, the engine speed should closely match the transmission output speed. In D4 drive range, with the TCC engaged, the TCC slip speed should be -20 to +50 RPM.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:05 PM
MuscleHP
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RicK T
The P0700 is just the MIL instruction. The P0894 is usually seen in cars that have changed rear gears and/or put in a stall converter and the TCM is not tuned accordingly. If the engine speed doesn't properly match the trans output speed it sees a problem and sets the code. It may or may not go into limp mode, I'm not clear on that.

You mentioned your "tuner". Did he tune the TCM?
Honestly not sure on that. He asked what size and brand converter I installed. And he tunes tons of cars and is pretty well known in the area so I would assume he did. Maybe my fluid level is still low.

I guess I should give him a call tomorrow and tell him what codes I'm getting .

Get notified of new replies

To P0700 & p0894

Quick Reply: P0700 & p0894