C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 C-6 D I C issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 05:50 PM
75 my way
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 C-6 D I C issues

At 37000 miles my D I C noted that I had a problem with traction control, anti lock brakes, and brake position switch: *****: went to the Chevy dealership and had the brake position switch replaced. At $150.00 bucks and two days later the D I C stated that I had the same problem went back to the shop and $900.00 bucks later the computer under the passenger dash on the floor had to be replaced this computer said it was made in Mexico ?? My question is has anybody else had the same problem >>>And if so what did they do to correct it ?? This happened just after the warranty ran out Was there another way to go ????
Old 08-14-2014, 09:07 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,028 Likes on 2,182 Posts

Need to find a new dealer, since this one is just throwing part changes at the problem to try to fix it that way (at your cost), instead of solving the real problem from the start.

It could be as simple as the battery needing to be replaced, to ground or wiring problems instead.

As for the BCM, better guess if the problem was along those lines, it was not the BCM itself the problem, but a loose or corroded terminal connection plug (read could have been fixed without having to replace the BCM).

Quick Reply: 2010 C-6 D I C issues