C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on transmission. PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 07:31 PM
calebhenry99
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on transmission. PLEASE HELP!

My father purchased a 2006 procharged corvette a few years ago. It was in an accident in which we had to have the supercharger sent back to procharger for replacement parts, etc. We are now being told the transmission needs to be replaced because of the codes it is throwing. Our insurance said that the procharger was not going to be covered so we are expecting the same response about the transmission. It's a lot of BS I don't want to get into. I am just trying to help my pops out. What would be the best transmission to put in the car with it pushing around 650hp and 540whp. I do not know what the torque is. I have read a lot of blogs saying that a new built transmission would be better and last longer. PLEASE help.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:13 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Auto or manual trans?
Old 07-30-2014, 10:12 AM
calebhenry99
5th Gear

Auto. I know, not my choice. He wanted something my mom could take out if she wanted to.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The auto Trans cars are faster than stick cars at the track and I know many cars that are push over 800rwhp through them with no problem.

The biggest thing with an auto Trans is the computer tune! I don't care who builds the Trans, if the tune is wrong the Trans will not hold up period! I am sure this will tweak a bunch of nipples but I feel Patric G does the best Trans running around.. Check out the Guerra Group on the Internet, PatG is also a member. I drive my car like it was stolen and I have had ZERO Trans issues since he tuned my car and you can look at my mod list below. Before this I went through several transmission a year.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:40 AM
calebhenry99
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Crowhater
The auto Trans cars are faster than stick cars at the track and I know many cars that are push over 800rwhp through them with no problem.

The biggest thing with an auto Trans is the computer tune! I don't care who builds the Trans, if the tune is wrong the Trans will not hold up period! I am sure this will tweak a bunch of nipples but I feel Patric G does the best Trans running around.. Check out the Guerra Group on the Internet, PatG is also a member. I drive my car like it was stolen and I have had ZERO Trans issues since he tuned my car and you can look at my mod list below. Before this I went through several transmission a year.
Where is he out of? I need to get this done when they put the new trans in.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:41 AM
calebhenry99
5th Gear

Originally Posted by RicK T
Auto or manual trans?
Auto.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:28 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Autos are the best. Problem is the 6l80 is not the strongest auto but no other good choices without dropping $10k+ for a 4L swap.

Tuning and cooling will help with life, or back the power down a bit.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:50 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is Pat G contact info.

http://www.guerragroup.com/

Get notified of new replies

To Advice on transmission. PLEASE HELP!

Quick Reply: Advice on transmission. PLEASE HELP!