C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throw out bearing install

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 06:17 PM
BMWTECH
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throw out bearing install

Hey everyone, I just installed a new clutch and throw out bearing in my 07 z06. With the line disconnected to the slave the clutch pedal is stiff and will not move, I had some trouble getting the line to reconnect, the oring had enlarged slightly and would not let the line snap all the way in. I have the line installed now but the clutch pedal is still rock had even with the bleeder open. Anyone had a similar issue? the car was apart for awhile.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:36 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

The disconnect between the master and slave cylinder lines is not seated/clipped all the way in correctly, and the valve between the two in the connector is still closed.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:14 AM
BMWTECH
Cruising

Originally Posted by Dano523
The disconnect between the master and slave cylinder lines is not seated/clipped all the way in correctly, and the valve between the two in the connector is still closed.
Thanks! I will try to again, this part is really being difficult!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:10 AM
dev1360
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

That connection is really hard to push in. It took me a while and some creative thinking. Put the clip inside the female end, and when it snaps, you know you're on.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:59 PM
sliderbkt
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I changed mine out I could never get the two to fit together. I ended up swapping parts off of the old slave to get them to fit. I don't remember what parts I swapped, sorry. But it was pretty quick and easy once I figured it out.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:02 PM
BMWTECH
Cruising

Originally Posted by sliderbkt
When I changed mine out I could never get the two to fit together. I ended up swapping parts off of the old slave to get them to fit. I don't remember what parts I swapped, sorry. But it was pretty quick and easy once I figured it out.
It finally went, but what a pain, a lot of patience and two people, one holding the line from the outside through the inner fender and another pushing with everything he had! Thanks all!

Get notified of new replies

To Throw out bearing install

Quick Reply: Throw out bearing install