C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast intake install

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 10:52 PM
hammersavette
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Fast intake install

Hey y'all, just got my Fast intake. Is there anything that I need to be aware of like?, less hp gains than advertised, have to get a re-tune, should get it ported before installing, waste of time, etc. My car is a 2006 c6 auto. I have installed Obx 1 7/8 catless headers, varaam snake charmer, Flowmaster exhaust and a tune. 374 hp to wheels, 377ft. lbs of torque.:thumbs Will I notice anything with this Fast lsxr 102m. What I'm really wondering, is it worth it? Brothers that Installed the FAST please chime in and help a brother out.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:56 PM
shawnaj7731
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From experience, don't worry about the 102 throttle body not really worth the $$$$, IF you haven't done so already get the throttle body ported, and get the Fast 102 ported. I would recommend Bare essential racing for your products he will hook you up. Then bring it back to ED to get it retuned. Don't skim out on not picking up those extra HP get it ported(BER) can take care of you and stick with a ported OEM throttle. This is recommended by ED. I just installed a ported fast 102 and 46lb injectors, and I already had the ported oem throttle body and retuned picked up over 23 rwhp and 10rwtq over stock ported intake. The mid range pick up a lot also and the car feels totally different. I am over 500rwhp and 450Rwtq.

Last edited by shawnaj7731; 07-24-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:37 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Default definitely worth it

Originally Posted by hammersavette
Hey y'all, just got my Fast intake. Is there anything that I need to be aware of like?, less hp gains than advertised, have to get a re-tune, should get it ported before installing, waste of time, etc. My car is a 2006 c6 auto. I have installed Obx 1 7/8 catless headers, varaam snake charmer, Flowmaster exhaust and a tune. 374 hp to wheels, 377ft. lbs of torque.:thumbs Will I notice anything with this Fast lsxr 102m. What I'm really wondering, is it worth it? Brothers that Installed the FAST please chime in and help a brother out.
do not install without porting it!
Old 07-26-2014, 08:27 AM
truckplay
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by irok
do not install without porting it!

i have seen the inside runners of MY stock 102 and it did not look terrific for the @ $800 that i paid. When i had mine ported the gaps and imperfections were fixed. I did get mine from the folks that did my original tune and they were cool to gave me a deal on the retune.

Get notified of new replies

To Fast intake install

Quick Reply: Fast intake install