C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

West Coast Vette oil cooler kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 08:29 PM
The Bus
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default West Coast Vette oil cooler kit

I received the kit today. I called since there were no instructions They don't supply any. My car has a factory oil cooler via the radiator. The kit has a supplied oil line that looks like the one already on the car. The supplied radiator [ air cooled ] is great but where in the heck does it go??? It also has a supplied shroud , where does it go since my radiator already has a shroud?? What else should I be prepared for on the installation?? Which line is the pressure out and return to the rad so I get the pressure out to the bottom as to eliminate a chance of a air pocket in the cooler??
Old 07-24-2014, 10:14 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

If it is a factory z06 style cooler it will mount to the new shroud (you can see the holes for the bolts and lines in the new shroud). This will require the old one to come out (no sense in wasting time drilling the holes in the existing one since you have the new one anyway).

You can either run the new cooler in series with your existing one in the radiator by changing the fittings (probably would need to get a custom cooler block and lines with some AN style fittings or you will swap the lines to the ones that came with the kit and plug the holes in your radiator.

Not a single part of the R&R of the lines is fun so good luck.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:05 AM
The Bus
Pro

Originally Posted by SEVINN
If it is a factory z06 style cooler it will mount to the new shroud (you can see the holes for the bolts and lines in the new shroud). This will require the old one to come out (no sense in wasting time drilling the holes in the existing one since you have the new one anyway).

You can either run the new cooler in series with your existing one in the radiator by changing the fittings (probably would need to get a custom cooler block and lines with some AN style fittings or you will swap the lines to the ones that came with the kit and plug the holes in your radiator.

Not a single part of the R&R of the lines is fun so good luck.

I bought the kit [ so called ] with the plan on doing the installation myself. Since they do not and will not supply instructions I went to the local Chev dealer and they are going to install it. Estimated time 3hrs. Without instructions it would take me and most people twice as long not knowing what should be removed and what should stay for installation. AND now knowing that all they did was buy the hardware from GM and send it to me. I guess I could have just bought the hardware myself and saved some $$$.
Extremely disappointed with West Coast Corvettes
Old 07-31-2014, 10:23 AM
The Bus
Pro

Originally Posted by The Bus
I bought the kit [ so called ] with the plan on doing the installation myself. Since they do not and will not supply instructions I went to the local Chev dealer and they are going to install it. Estimated time 3hrs. Without instructions it would take me and most people twice as long not knowing what should be removed and what should stay for installation. AND now knowing that all they did was buy the hardware from GM and send it to me. I guess I could have just bought the hardware myself and saved some $$$.
Extremely disappointed with West Coast Corvettes
The local dealer installed the cooler yesterday. Cost $355

On Aug 14th I'll be going to the track to check it out. In the past with air temp around 80 the oil got to 265 in 4 laps. Would like to get 20 minutes on track. If there is any one wanting to know the results post here and I'll see that the information is on this post on the Aug 15th.

Get notified of new replies

To West Coast Vette oil cooler kit

Quick Reply: West Coast Vette oil cooler kit