C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How high do I need to get my car for a header install?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Freak3150
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help guys, I got the headers eariler this week and had no problems getting them in with my rear tires on ramps, and the front on jackstands. Unfortunately, they shipped the wrong pipes that connect the X-Pipe to the mufflers, so LG is sending me the right ones. It sucks that I can't finish the car for a few days, but I have to say LG was really good to deal with. Just a pic emailed and within 15 minutes they told me I had the wrong pipes and they were sending the right ones.

Well it'll give me a chance to do a few other things and fire up the HP Tuners and look at the tune.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:24 PM
victorf
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Terrific!

Somethings else to ponder! If the new LG you have is slip fit......contrary to some claims....it will leak.

I should have done that from the get go to avoid the necessary clean up, re-expand the splits to restore fit and just unnecessary nuisance in general.

On mine LG Pro, I had to use high temp silicone copper in the joints, to get rid of the annoying exhaust leaking sound.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Freak3150
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. That's good to know. Luckilly I can't tighten anything down until I get the pipes in. I thought about replacingbthe band clamps with regular ones. Back when I got a Borla for my Camaro I always heard they were problematic.

Quick Reply: How high do I need to get my car for a header install?