C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to wrap the halo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 01:31 AM
JaimeVrod
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default how to wrap the halo?

I just got a sweet deal on a legit carbon fiber hood that I plan to install. To complete the look I want to have the targa top and halo wrapped with a faux carbon fiber wrap. Will this require the halo to be removed and if so, how does one do that?
Old 07-11-2014, 08:19 AM
nspendleton
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion the carbon fiber vinyl doesn't look close enough to real carbon fiber. I just had mine wrapped black and they left it on the car. Its not hard to do, I'm just too lazy to do it myself nowadays.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:23 PM
JaimeVrod
Pro

Originally Posted by nspendleton
In my opinion the carbon fiber vinyl doesn't look close enough to real carbon fiber. I just had mine wrapped black and they left it on the car. Its not hard to do, I'm just too lazy to do it myself nowadays.
You are actually the 2nd person I've heard express that opinion. After seeing legit carbon fiber which appears to have a deep clear coat finish on the surface, I don't think it would be possible to replicate with a wrap. So I think I will just go with gloss black.

Can you tell me if the halo needs to be removed to apply the wrap or can a high quality job be done without removing the halo from the car?
Old 07-11-2014, 12:54 PM
nspendleton
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The halo does not have to be removed, but it's pretty easy to do. A good shop will not need to remove the halo. Some guys on the forum bought already black halos and swapped theirs out easily.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:08 PM
JaimeVrod
Pro

Well that is good news. Now I just need to find a Chicago area shop that can do the wrap for me.
I'm with you, too lazy, and I'd rather be disappointed in someone else's work than my own.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:29 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Here is a PDF of how to remove the halo made by forum member "LittleJake"
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
HALO Removal.pdf (1.05 MB, 344 views)

Get notified of new replies

To how to wrap the halo?

Quick Reply: how to wrap the halo?