C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DRM Bilstein Shock GB v6.0 (Many happy C6 base, vert, GS customers running these)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 06:09 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default DRM Bilstein Shock GB v6.0 (Many happy C6 base, vert, GS customers running these)

Ladies and gentleman we are at it again with a few differences then v1.0-v5.0

1st, The order has been placed (ETA July, 2014)
2nd, lower down payment (Help ease the tension because of other vendors not making it happen)
3rd, updates emailed to the people on the list. (So you don't have to check the thread all the time, unless you want to)

Here is the history of the product.
DRM took a set of standard Bilstein sport shocks and installed them into a C6Z. We found them to be a improvement but felt the car needed something better. Using our years of racing and street driving experience on Bilstein shocks and started working on the valving. Our goal was to have a shock that

1.Increased feel for the driver
2.Rid all unsettling feelings in the car over bumps
3.Offer a better ride
4.Increase mechanical grip
5.Keep the back end of the car planted!

After finding the right setup we had to start building them. The normal Sport shock was being built in Ohio, sent to NC, then shipped to CA. Then took apart, yes taking apart a brand new shock and re-valving them to our specs. This was not a easy, cheap way of marketing a product.
The price was 695.00 for a set, not including shipping

We also offer a Bushing up-grade, that has raised questions. The bushings are made out of a harder poly material to allow less bushing deflection and longer bushing life. There isn't much of any drawbacks to running the bushings. Besides some added feel of the road and allowing the shocks to work better. The cost on the bushings is 25 dollars.

So here is the deal on the group buy v6.0.

50 dollars down and 375 dollars at the time of delivery. Total $425.00 Shipped to the lower 48 states.

MUST SIGN UP BY June 15th at midnight. After that the price will increase due to us warehousing and not being able to recover cost quickly.

http://dougrippie.com/products/c6-co...hocks-for-c6z/

You can also call in your order to our sales office. International shipping is not a problem (extra fees will apply)

Thanks
Randy Rippie
336-350-8256 phone
Old 05-02-2014, 05:14 AM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

total with bushings to 96819.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:25 AM
dspowersports
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered
Old 05-02-2014, 11:29 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Blk 08 C6
total with bushings to 96819.
$490.00

You can order them via the website and we will bill you the extra when shipping!

Randy
Old 05-02-2014, 07:25 PM
BOO666
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Bilsteins

Made my order ! Thanks Randy ! Super nice guy .
Leon
Old 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Definitely getting some
Old 05-03-2014, 02:38 AM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
$490.00

You can order them via the website and we will bill you the extra when shipping!

Randy
Thanks.will do.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:20 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Two questions:

1. Is the additional $25 for bushings, per shock or for all four? 2. What difference is felt between stock bushing and poly bushing? harsher ride or what? more track than street appropriate? please elaborate. My application would be on a Z51 for mostly street use.

Last edited by SUB VETTE; 05-03-2014 at 07:24 PM. Reason: addl info
Old 05-03-2014, 08:05 PM
ziyaad
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-03-2014, 08:15 PM
DezVette
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

CRAP! I thought I was lucky to have gotten the last set before seeing the "Sold Out" in the store...now these are released!

It's all good, I still LOVE my DRM Bilstein shocks, even though they are not the newest version!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:39 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DezVette
It's all good, I still LOVE my DRM Bilstein shocks, even though they are not the newest version!
Same exact shocks. Version v6.0 is for the GB only.

Randy
Old 05-03-2014, 10:43 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SUB VETTE
Two questions:

1. Is the additional $25 for bushings, per shock or for all four? 2. What difference is felt between stock bushing and poly bushing? harsher ride or what? more track than street appropriate? please elaborate. My application would be on a Z51 for mostly street use.
The 25 dollars additional is for a set of 4 bushings.
Total without bushings 425.00 shipped
Total with bushings 450.00 shipped

We found after a few years of heavy track use the Bilstein bushings were starting to come apart. So we had to come up with a upgrade. Street cars the bushings will last a very long time. So it's more of a track upgrade. The ride difference is going to be very slight and most likely not even notable between the two.

I hope your questions were answered

Randy
Old 05-03-2014, 11:04 PM
DezVette
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Same exact shocks. Version v6.0 is for the GB only.

Randy
Ahhh, cool. I don't live in Green Bay. I'm a Bears fan.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:54 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

The 25 dollars additional is for a set of 4 bushings.
Total without bushings 425.00 shipped
Total with bushings 450.00 shipped

We found after a few years of heavy track use the Bilstein bushings were starting to come apart. So we had to come up with a upgrade. Street cars the bushings will last a very long time. So it's more of a track upgrade. The ride difference is going to be very slight and most likely not even notable between the two.

I hope your questions were answered

Randy
Thanks for the answers, order placed.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:01 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Just sent over the confirmation emails from over the weekend. So if you have signed up, you should have a email! If not please let me know.

Randy
Old 05-05-2014, 11:33 AM
BOO666
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Confirmation

Originally Posted by randy@drm
just sent over the confirmation emails from over the weekend. So if you have signed up, you should have a email! If not please let me know.

Randy
i didnt recieve an email . Sent you a pm
Old 05-05-2014, 12:05 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,007 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Randy, always considered the dampening on the Sport series as the Z-51 replacement shock, while the HD shock was for the Z06 replacement.

Having a Z51, is the damping of the DRM series somewhere in between the sport and HD, or is the dampening favored more towards the HD series plus side instead. I ask since you show a base line of the shock as the sport that you are having custom revalved, and not the HD unit instead.

Compared to a sport shock, what adjustments are out making/re-valved in regard to slow speed compression, high speed compression, and rebound?

Again, looking for replacements for the z51 that these may fit the bill, but do not want to go as stiff as the HD units on the car.

Get notified of new replies

To DRM Bilstein Shock GB v6.0 (Many happy C6 base, vert, GS customers running these)

Old 05-05-2014, 12:42 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Dano,
This is how bilstein has them.

HD (heavy duty) Were for the base cars, verts and etc
Sports were for the Z51 cars and c5zs
DRM are for just about everyone. They offer a smooth ride (nothing crazy about the high speed compression settings) The low speed settings and the curve is where we played around the most with. In some spots they are less aggressive and others they are more aggressive then the sports.

What type of driving do you do? Is it just to the golf course and back? Or do you like to play in the hills? Or like clover leafs?

Randy
Old 05-05-2014, 04:00 PM
gfacter
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Are these slightly shorter them them OEM dampers? I installed a set of the original bilsteins in 2007 on my C6 at the time and I thought they were about 1/2 lower.

I ask this as I have a steep driveway and some clearance issues
Old 05-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,172 Likes on 677 Posts

Do you know the DRM's compare to the Johnny O Connell's in terms of ride?

I have the JOC's on my car along with the JOC sways. The car corners flat and they helped cure bump steer, but they are a bit darty. My main reason for switching is I'm getting tired of the harshness on DC's beat up streets. They seem to ride better at higher speeds and worse at low speeds such as those encountered in urban stop and go traffic. The stock Z51s rode fine, but the stockers become unsettled on bumpy streets and the back would bump steer on uneven expansion joints in a clover leaf.

I'm using the car to commute and for quick street driving, (e.g. accelerating hard in clover leafs and hard 90* right turns when the lanes are clear).

Recommend whatever you think is best. Thanks.

Dano,
This is how bilstein has them.

HD (heavy duty) Were for the base cars, verts and etc
Sports were for the Z51 cars and c5zs
DRM are for just about everyone. They offer a smooth ride (nothing crazy about the high speed compression settings) The low speed settings and the curve is where we played around the most with. In some spots they are less aggressive and others they are more aggressive then the sports.

What type of driving do you do? Is it just to the golf course and back? Or do you like to play in the hills? Or like clover leafs?

Randy

Quick Reply: DRM Bilstein Shock GB v6.0 (Many happy C6 base, vert, GS customers running these)