C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Mode Exhaust on Base C6

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 04:32 PM
BigMo
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Mode Exhaust on Base C6

I bought my 2013 M6 last November and the previous owner had installed an SLP Loudmouth II exhaust system. While I love the sound, it gets a bit tiring on the highway after about 100 miles. So, I've been considering going back to stock exhaust. But, rather than just the standard stock, I was looking into going with the Dual Mode Mufflers.

I found a set of NPP mufflers that came off a 2012 GS Centennial edition. The guy said he would sell them to me for $650, and that they had less than 300 miles on them.

So, I have a few of questions:
1) The numbers he gave me are the raised numbers on the muffler cans. They are 82007867 and 82007853. Apparently, these are not the part number, and I can't find any cross reference for them. Will these fit on my 2013 base without any other mods?

2) Does this seem like a good price?

3) Is the Mild to Wild the best option for making them functional?
Old 04-23-2014, 05:41 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Yes, they'll fit.

For control, you need one of the NPP-in-a-Box kits. Sunset Orange Creations version is probably the best but there are others:

http://shop.sunsetorangecreations.co...=5&productId=9
Old 04-23-2014, 06:18 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

The price is higher than I've seen before, but still lower than new. If it's local and he'll additionally do or pay for the install in the deal, that'd help soften the hit a bit. The low miles has no benefit beyond being cleaner to work with.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:18 PM
BigMo
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Rick T and HOXXOH for your feedback. I'm going to try to work a deal with the guy this weekend.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Flying24
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

$650 is what I sold mine for less then a month ago. Which is a great price with as little usage on them. The only thing you have to add that NPP equipment to make it work. If it was me and you were near Carlisle. I would go there and pickout a system there after istening to them. They do demos, plus good deals, if you can wait that long. If it was me I would go with a corsa system. Which I did after removing my NPP system. Not to rain on this, but my other car I'm having problems with my NPP system. The value are stuck open all the time. Work in progress, hopefully it's a simple fix. Good Luck

Get notified of new replies

To Dual Mode Exhaust on Base C6

Quick Reply: Dual Mode Exhaust on Base C6