C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slave quick connect

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 09:02 PM
onelesshat
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slave quick connect

I am at the tail end of a clutch/transmission swap. All that is left is to hook up the quick connect fitting from slave to master/reservoir. I have been fighting this for hours. Can some one give me a little guidance. I have my new tick bleeder wide open.

I can see that the slave end has a plastic t in the bottom of it. Does it have to be clocked a certain way, or is it just about brut strength.

anyhow Id love a new strategy to try.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2014, 05:53 PM
3X2
Melting Slicks

Received 466 Likes on 361 Posts

I usually remove the spalsh shied, unbolt the brake master cylinder from the booster and move it out of the way. Somewhat start the clip in the retainer. I then reach through the opening created from removing the splash shield with my right hand holding the master cyliner line and using my left hand reach around where the brake master cylinder was and push the two pieces together then push the retaing clip into postition.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Devilish34
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem.. After fighting it I found out the quick connect on the new slave was defective.. Swapped the old one on and it went right together... Where did you buy the slave from?
Old 04-23-2014, 08:18 AM
ColtaBilly
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a beast to reconnect. I have done it twice and each time it took two people. One person in wheel well(remove access panel) and the other on engine side. My son and I pushed like hell to get a good seal. Relieving the pressure in the system will make it a little easier. Just depress the tab on the slave and master ends Good luck

Last edited by ColtaBilly; 04-23-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Slave quick connect

Quick Reply: Slave quick connect