C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnuson Heartbeat vac/boost port??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 02:57 PM
cruise-2-XS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnuson Heartbeat vac/boost port??

I've recently had a Magnuson Heartbeat installed on my ls3 Corvette. I want to install a vac/boost gauge but did not receive any doc's from the installer. Anyone know wher the port would be for connecting a gauge?

Thanks

BB long tubes, X pipe with hi-flow cats, Fusion exhaust, Trick Flow heads, custom blower cam by Anti Venom (Tampa). 600 RWHP at 4# boost on pump gas. A6 trans'.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:08 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

PM me your email address and I'll be glad to send you a copy of the install instructions.

There's an eighth inch vacuum line nipple on the blower over the rear of the passenger side valve cover. Kinda hard to see. I suspect that is it. You need to confirm by going through the instructions though.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

It's actually on the driver's side rear of the blower, right near the PCV nipple on the valve cover. My blower came with a vacuum cap installed on that port, but I hooked my BAP boost pressure switch up to it.
That's the only supplied fitting I know of that will actually see boost. The ones in the front of the blower will only show vacuum.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:44 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetk14
It's actually on the driver's side rear of the blower, right near the PCV nipple on the valve cover. My blower came with a vacuum cap installed on that port, but I hooked my BAP boost pressure switch up to it.
That's the only supplied fitting I know of that will actually see boost. The ones in the front of the blower will only show vacuum.
Yep, 2 beers and I can't tell passenger from driver's side. Damn, I hate when that happens...
Old 04-22-2014, 09:42 AM
cruise-2-XS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I found the fitting, and will try out the gauge.

Skip

Get notified of new replies

To Magnuson Heartbeat vac/boost port??

Quick Reply: Magnuson Heartbeat vac/boost port??