C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise eminating from rear of car

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 10:44 AM
oilheadbob
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise eminating from rear of car

Hello Listers,

New to this forum, as I am a new owner of a 2007 C6 automatic coupe.

Sometimes when I am turning into a parking space(turning tightly), I hear a growning sound coming from the rear of the car. Don't really feel anything through the seat or floor, but do hear a sound similar to a tire rubbing the fender well. Any ideas?

TIA,

Bob Ryan
Gainesville, Va.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:10 AM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by oilheadbob
Hello Listers,

New to this forum, as I am a new owner of a 2007 C6 automatic coupe.

Sometimes when I am turning into a parking space(turning tightly), I hear a growning sound coming from the rear of the car. Don't really feel anything through the seat or floor, but do hear a sound similar to a tire rubbing the fender well. Any ideas?
If it's coming from the rear, it's most likely the limited slip differential. The noise is harmless and has been the subject of numerous TSBs over the years. The final fix is to refill the case with GM fluid part #88862624 (and _no_ other additives).
Old 04-17-2014, 11:20 AM
oilheadbob
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear-end noise

Originally Posted by torquetube
If it's coming from the rear, it's most likely the limited slip differential. The noise is harmless and has been the subject of numerous TSBs over the years. The final fix is to refill the case with GM fluid part #88862624 (and _no_ other additives).

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Noise eminating from rear of car

Quick Reply: Noise eminating from rear of car