C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone here switched from Corsa Sports to Xtremes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:37 PM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Has anyone here switched from Corsa Sports to Xtremes?

I've recently purchased the Corsa Sport exhaust for my 2012 base C6. I do love it. But I do wish it was louder.

I spoke with one gentleman who felt same, and switched to Corsa Xtremes, then regretted it later, as he said he did have drone and couldn't take it. I've read so much saying the Xtremes for a base do not have drone.

So, wondering if anyone else has made the switch. If so - happy to have done so? Regret it? Is the loudness difference worth the switch? Any other comments? Figure the Sports would be easy enough to resell, but looking for some input.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:07 PM
byte_me
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by harmonyp
I've recently purchased the Corsa Sport exhaust for my 2012 base C6. I do love it. But I do wish it was louder.

I spoke with one gentleman who felt same, and switched to Corsa Xtremes, then regretted it later, as he said he did have drone and couldn't take it. I've read so much saying the Xtremes for a base do not have drone.

So, wondering if anyone else has made the switch. If so - happy to have done so? Regret it? Is the loudness difference worth the switch? Any other comments? Figure the Sports would be easy enough to resell, but looking for some input.
Went straight to the XTreme's on my 05 6 speed. I have no drone whatsoever in any gear (on or off highway) the startup sounds are awesome, the exhaust growls nicely under throttle and quiets right down at speed. I have the stock mid pipe on my car so I get a nice deceleration pop and gurgle out of them which I love.

I'd say go xtreme and don't look back- I have no obnoxious interior sounds cruising and when I want to hear it, I down shift and step on it!

Pure music!
Old 04-15-2014, 11:19 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

I've had both. Xtreme is considerably louder but if you're running a stock configuration there will absolutely be no drone. When you start modifying is where you can cross the line.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Power Hawk
Burning Brakes

Received 217 Likes on 153 Posts

I had the sport on my 2003 A 4 and it sounded fine. Traded it last month for a 2013 base coupe 6 speed manual. I had the xtreme installed ASAP and love it. Xtreme is louder than sport and really sounds good. No drone. Great sound when accelerating with "popping" on deceleration.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:00 PM
SlayerRX8
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 49 Posts

I have the Sports with headers and it's kind of quiet for me, so I can only imagine how quiet they are with stock headers. My setup is still great on the highway or if I have a headache though. It's as loud as my right foot allows.

I say if you aren't going to do headers, the Xtreme will be good. If you are, do the headers first, see what you think of the increased volume, and if it's still not enough, then switch to Xtremes.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:06 AM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Originally thought I might do headers, but between them being illegal in CA (fine if you don't mind removing them for each smog), and not wanting to blow my warranty, and being happy with my 436HP, think I just need to add noise thru exhaust. Big 300 vette event nearby in May - will have to search out someone with Xtremes to make my final decision. Thanks for the input - sounds like they'd be a better fit for me.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:24 AM
Rollnthunder
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm getting ready to buy Corsa Sports for my '08.....how much louder are the Xtreme's over the Sports.... on a scale for 1 - 10?
Old 04-18-2014, 10:25 AM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rollnthunder
I'm getting ready to buy Corsa Sports for my '08.....how much louder are the Xtreme's over the Sports.... on a scale for 1 - 10?
Great question - I want to know too - and does increased scale also apply to burble and pop on decel. Man I love that burble and pop - I could double the level of that and be a happy camper! Rollnthunder - just my opinion - for me to really hear my Sports I turn off my radio and open my window. Under those conditions, they sound GREAT. But I barely hear them over my radio with my windows closed. I spend a lot of time with no radio and windows all the way down right now!
Old 04-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Rollnthunder
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

OK great!!! That helps.... wanna hear the muscle without the wife nagging
Old 04-18-2014, 02:04 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollnthunder
Sport 2 -----Xtreme 7
Volume changes rapidly depending on mod.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Power Hawk
Burning Brakes

Received 217 Likes on 153 Posts

Sport sounded OK at idle but at speed, they did not sound that loud. However, the Xtremes sound much better in the car especially at WOT. I agree with saplumr Sport 2 Xtreme 7. Can't wait to fire my Corvette up tomorrow with the Xtremes. They really give it that muscle sound I wanted.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:01 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I just purchased a set of Corsa Sports and I'm looking forward to getting rid of the SLP Loudmouth's I currently have. My last vette had B&B Bullets - I'm done with loud obnoxious exhaust systems.

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone here switched from Corsa Sports to Xtremes?

Quick Reply: Has anyone here switched from Corsa Sports to Xtremes?