C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electric cut outs

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 10:09 AM
veloz
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Default electric cut outs

hey i know there are plenty of threads about this but my question is, has anybody used the ss band clamps to install the prefab Y piping and the electronic cutout valve to your exhaust instead of welding them in. im thinking about doing this at home without a welder

Last edited by veloz; 04-12-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:11 PM
veloz
Drifting

Originally Posted by veloz
hey i know there are plenty of threads about this but my question is, has anybody used the ss band clamps to install the prefab Y piping and the electronic cutout valve to your exhaust instead of welding them in. im thinking about doing this at home without a welder

Nobody has done this ???????
Old 04-12-2014, 04:12 PM
gbrtng
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup, I have several on the header to Borla connections on my 91 ZR-1 - quality stuff.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:53 AM
snapcity
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont do it....they rattle loose over time. pay the $100 and get it welded and be done with it...i tried to be a cheap *** too and it bit me in the butt.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:17 AM
veloz
Drifting

Originally Posted by snapcity
dont do it....they rattle loose over time. pay the $100 and get it welded and be done with it...i tried to be a cheap *** too and it bit me in the butt.
good to know,,,but kind of weird,,i checked last nite and I have 4 of them in my exhaust already!!!!

from headers to x pipe then from xpipe to mufflers,,,,do you think the cutouts would vibrate more and pop them out???
Old 04-17-2014, 11:35 AM
snapcity
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by veloz
good to know,,,but kind of weird,,i checked last nite and I have 4 of them in my exhaust already!!!!

from headers to x pipe then from xpipe to mufflers,,,,do you think the cutouts would vibrate more and pop them out???
You do but once you loosen them and tighten them back they will never hold as good. Especially if your car is modified and making decent power. Plus, an exhaust shop will have u in and out in about an hour. Takes a solid 30 mins to safely jack a vette up lol
Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 AM
veloz
Drifting

Originally Posted by snapcity
You do but once you loosen them and tighten them back they will never hold as good. Especially if your car is modified and making decent power. Plus, an exhaust shop will have u in and out in about an hour. Takes a solid 30 mins to safely jack a vette up lol

loosen them?? sorry - you lost me there...

my plan is to mark the Y pipe location, cut the existing tubing in place (on the car), slide in the the two new clamps and the new Y pipe in place, then tighten the new clamps and be done...im not touching the existing clamps...

Get notified of new replies

To electric cut outs

Quick Reply: electric cut outs