C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 interior carpet removal "how-to"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Peter_Reinhard
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C6 interior carpet removal "how-to"?

Hello
In a few more weeks when it hopefully gets warmer, I plan to add some sound deadening materials to my 2008 coupe. I have removed the center console before to install the MGW shifter so I can do that.
But I need to really strip the inside carpet completelly out. Can someone point me to a "how to" regarding this job? I can keep searching but if someone knows it would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 03-18-2014, 02:31 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 376 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter_Reinhard
Hello
In a few more weeks when it hopefully gets warmer, I plan to add some sound deadening materials to my 2008 coupe. I have removed the center console before to install the MGW shifter so I can do that.
But I need to really strip the inside carpet completelly out. Can someone point me to a "how to" regarding this job? I can keep searching but if someone knows it would be appreciated.
Thanks
This isn't mine but I was able to find it

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/audi...p-by-step.html
Old 03-18-2014, 05:14 PM
njedwardz
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
This isn't mine but I was able to find it

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/audi...p-by-step.html
I used that guide when I did mine; very helpful. Like the author of that post says, KEEP ALL FASTENERS IN SEPARATE LABELED BAGS. I did, and it took me less time to re-assemble than it did to disassemble.

Also, I think it's worthwhile to do some speaker upgrades while you have the entire interior of the car out. just my $.02.

Here's another good resource if you decide to do any speaker work: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/audi...-write-up.html
Old 03-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Peter_Reinhard
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys for the quick replies and links. Yes, I may do speakers too when the car is apart.
Usually I shy away from some jobs, thinking its going to be difficult. But once I start, and actually do it, I'm glad that I learned a new thing, and saved money too.
Take care all. Just waiting for it to warm up in the boston area! Its been brutal this year - almost everywhere.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 interior carpet removal "how-to"?

Quick Reply: C6 interior carpet removal "how-to"?