C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could use some help with fuse box interpretation

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 01:41 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist
Default Could use some help with fuse box interpretation

It's 1:30 am so maybe by brain's fried, or maybe I'm stupid, in either case I could use a little help here.

I've become annoyed with the skip shift in my 2013 GS. It activates only occasionally, but when it does, it always seems to be at the worst possible time.

So, I decided to use the CAGS Smart Fuse approach. It certainly seems simple enough. Until I looked into the fuse box.

Sorry, the photos I've posted are the best I was able to take. Hopefully you can see that the Man. Trans. Sol (10A) fuse is #10 on the inside cover directory, at the bottom of the cover.

Yet, if you look down the list of numbers to the left of the pictorial diagram, you'll see that #10, clearly points to fuse #8, so???????????

Even the fuse marked #10 on the pictorial diagram is not in the location I've seen on a number of posted photos, which is directly under the #9 fuse.

I realize I can start pulling fuses, one at a time, and see which one is in what circuit, but before I go that route, I thought some one with some experience in this area, might have an answer.

Thanks in advance...

EDIT: After some sleep, I'm thinkin' ....perhaps the numbers shown vertically, simply designate the row in which the fuse is located. So, fuse #10 is in row 12. Might that be possible?

Attached Images  

Last edited by Hameister; 03-16-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:05 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

The numbers 1-20 on the side are the fuse numbers. The line points to the fuse and the numbers on the fuse pictures should be the amp rating on that fuse. It looks like whoever approved that fuse chart at gm didnt get enough sleep because the numbers on the fuses are all screwed up. The number on that fuse in question should be 10 (amps) not 8
Old 03-16-2014, 09:16 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by EVRose
The numbers 1-20 on the side are the fuse numbers. The line points to the fuse and the numbers on the fuse pictures should be the amp rating on that fuse. It looks like whoever approved that fuse chart at gm didnt get enough sleep because the numbers on the fuses are all screwed up. The number on that fuse in question should be 10 (amps) not 8
Maybe, but I'm still thinkin' that the numbers on the left side simply designate the row in which the fuse is located, and the letters across the bottom designate the fuse column location.

That would cross verify that fuse #10 is located in row 12, column D-E, that seems to make more sense than an error in the cover chart.

What do you think?
Old 03-16-2014, 09:44 AM
EVRose
Race Director

I dont know. Im looking at it on my phone and its not as clear as it could be. Whatever it is it seems they made it more complicated than it needs to be.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:10 AM
EVRose
Race Director

I just checked mine and its marked the same way.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Jim Barker
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

The fuses seem to be numbered top to bottom, but the amp rating required is in the legend at the bottom of the cover. This makes the fuse number different from row number which probably corresponds with main schematic?
Old 03-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Jim Barker
Burning Brakes

I used the plug in resistor that mimic's the solenoid at the trans so it worked with out triggering a code. There is a place in the HP tuning charts that is supposed to turn it off. Some have reported the fuse still sets a code when the draw for the blown indicating light is not enough in the fuse.
The following users liked this post:
C5 Diag (10-06-2021)
Old 03-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Jim Barker
Burning Brakes

Fuse number 10 in row 12 not row number 10

Last edited by Jim Barker; 03-16-2014 at 11:18 AM. Reason: add on
Old 03-16-2014, 11:26 AM
John Harry
Melting Slicks

Received 437 Likes on 270 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14

This is from an older Forum post, whose author I failed to note:

"The underhood fuse box is labeled with numbers and letters to identify connector positions. Fuse #10 uses pins D12 and E12. The 10 A fuse next to the "10" (pins A10 and B10) is actually #8 and if you install your CAGS fuse there, you'll disable your parking lights."
Old 03-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Alrighty....

It's as I thought,... the legend at the bottom correctly corresponds to the fuse number for the purpose of the fuse layout.

It in no way relates to the value of the fuse, which was never in question.

The vertical numbers simply indicate "row" position vertically, and the D-E at the bottom indicates contact column.

Why am I so sure?

I replaced the #10 fuse with a blown 10A smart fuse, (circled in red in the photo), and just returned from a very pleasant cruise, shifting smooooothly into 2nd gear, even as the dash icon was illuminated showing the "1-4 Shift" graphic.

Should have done this the day I took delivery of the car.

Thanks everyone for your input, it's always appreciated.
Attached Images  
Old 03-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Jim Barker
Fuse number 10 in row 12 not row number 10
Originally Posted by John Harry
This is from an older Forum post, whose author I failed to note:

"The underhood fuse box is labeled with numbers and letters to identify connector positions. Fuse #10 uses pins D12 and E12. The 10 A fuse next to the "10" (pins A10 and B10) is actually #8 and if you install your CAGS fuse there, you'll disable your parking lights."
I was typing while you guys were posting so I didn't see your posts until now....thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Could use some help with fuse box interpretation

Quick Reply: Could use some help with fuse box interpretation