C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They’re here! New Design Pricing Billet Tech Alternators

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 02:17 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Default They’re here! New Design Pricing Billet Tech Alternators

The internal design is the same, great 6-phase stator, 12-pole rotor design.

The new case design is a one size fits all. It’s a one piece front case design vs. the previous three piece case, where the ears were pressed on. The designers have worked to create more space for aftermarket valve covers and place the pulley in a position where the factory serpentine belt length remains the same.

The black anodized cases in the previous design required a ground cable. That is no longer needed in this new design.

Many of us have grown tired of having under-performing alternators on our Corvettes. In the middle of the summer, pulling up to a stop light, radiator fans on high, A/C on high and we’re sometimes lucky to have enough voltage to keep the battery charged.
The factory Valeo alternator is rated at 140 amps in most cases, but that's a best-case and not a full-operating temperature scenario. At full temperature and at factory idle speeds, the factory alternator will only be able to offer 50-70 amps. When there is a great demand for power, the voltage suffers and that’s why you see the diminished voltage. The factory alternator is simply not an efficient design.
Billet-Tech has engineered alternator that eliminates ALL of these issues. They are designed using the latest and greatest in alternator design, which has greatly increased the low-RPM efficiency and output.

Here's what Billet Tech says about their design:
"

The 6 Phase Advantage

Billet-Tech alternators employ cutting edge alternator technology not found in other aftermarket alternators. 6 phase hairpin stators make Billet-Tech alternators fundamentally more efficient than other aftermarket alternators. This new technology and increased efficiency equates to incredible output at extremely low engine RPM, less energy wasted in the form of heat, and more horsepower to the wheels. Also, because less heat is being generated, the internal components of Billet-Tech alternators last longer. This is especially beneficial on turbocharged and/or endurance racing vehicles with high engine compartment temperatures. All Billet-Tech alternators feature soldered stator and rectifier connections, with epoxy re-enforced stator connections, reducing the chance of vibration failures.

Billet-Tech units are built exclusively with precision balanced low-mass rotors that allow them to operate safely at shaft speeds of 20,000+ rpm. This high RPM capability, combined with excellent output at idle, gives the user a much broader operating RPM range, and more flexibility in the size of the crankshaft pulley used. A properly selected Billet-Tech alternator can even fix low voltage problems caused by using small diameter, or "under-driven" pulley ratios. The higher pole count in the rotor also results in less electromagnetic interference to cause problems with radios and other electronics.

As a final precaution, Billet-Tech alternators are constructed with twin high efficiency cooling fans, and twin internal rectifier plates. While other high performance alternators have only one rectifier with 6 diodes, Billet-Tech units boast 12 press fit diodes with 300% more surface area to dissipate heat. These considerations to cooling airflow and heat dissipation make Billet-Tech high performance alternators the most durable aftermarket alternators you can buy. If you are experiencing premature alternator failure, intermittent electrical accessory problems, or low voltage at any engine RPM, a Billet-Tech 6 phase alternator is the answer!

"So what is there to gain from using the Billet-Tech alternator over the factory original?"
Better system voltage. "So what does better system voltage gain me?"
Many of the electrical components in our cars will perform better with full voltage.
Our ignition coils, fuel injectors, fuel pumps, cooling fans, electric water pumps, headlights (and the list goes on) will all perform better with better system voltage.
Why go with a Billet-Tech alternator over others? Take a good look at the cases of the competitors and you will notice that none of them have the beefy, stronger ears that Billet-Tech provides on their cases. Instead, you'll find some skinny ears with pins pressed in. These are modified cases, designed for another vehicle, modified to fit our cars and not nearly as strong.
4 finish options offered: Machined, black anodized, polished and chrome. * update: Machined and chrome are special order as of 08/28/2014

The Billet-Tech 170amp alternator will typically produce +1 volt and supply up to an additional 80 amps at full temperature, at idle speeds. In other words, the 170 will be more than enough to supply the Corvette with good voltage and have enough in reserve to support up to a 1500 watt stereo system.
Many of our members have purchased these and will agree that they are a vast performance improvement over the stock alternator.

These are actual pictures from my inventory.

I’m now stocking 170 amp polished and black anodized models only so they will be at your door sooner. When I have it in stock, I’ll ship your order within 2 business days. Machined and Chrome finishes are special order.

For payment by check: 500.00 for Machined, 525.00 for polished or black anodized and 560.00 for chrome.
Free shipping in the continental US for a limited time.

If your serpentine system is upgraded from the factory 6-rib to 8-rib, let me know because we'll need to make you a custom pulley for that at an additional cost.

If you have a "flip drive", "Secondary drive", "Direct drive" or any variant of it, you may need a shorter belt. The drives use a K060370
and K060365 or a Dayco 6PK915 or Goodyear 36" length belt are your shorter options.

Checks go to:
Bret Bradbury
12055 Saint Patricks Dr.
Forney, TX 75126

Add 3% for Paypal to blownblueZ06@gmail.com

Send me a PM and let me know payment is on the way, year make

About the warranty:
All Billet-Tech alternators are backed by a 2 year performance guarantee against manufacturers defect, by the manufacturer. Please visit http://www.billetalternator.com for more details.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 02-01-2015 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:19 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Great price on a great product. It solved my issues when I went to an underdrive crank pulley.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by timd38
Great price on a great product. It solved my issues when I went to an underdrive crank pulley.
Thanks for the comment. They really do help with the power demands of the Vette.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Supporting Vendor

Black anodized orders shipping to those of you that ordered early next week. Chrome cases still awaiting completion at the plating company.
Thanks for your orders!

Old 02-16-2014, 10:27 AM
fastdoc71
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful, functional product. Very interested. PM sent.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:31 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by fastdoc71
Beautiful, functional product. Very interested. PM sent.
replied, payment received, tracking number sent.

Thanks for your order.

This sale ends soon guys. This is the best pricing you'll see on these. Not sure if the sale at the end of the year will be this generous, so get your orders in.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:50 AM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

They look great installed!

Old 02-20-2014, 11:31 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by timd38
They look great installed!

Thanks!

Updated with pics of the new black units.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:37 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

They look great.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for all the orders guys!
Still have some of these in available.

Chrome units still on backorder but hoping they'll be available next week.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:27 PM
victorf
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Being in the middle of the Pacific and our whole way of life is shipping dependent.

So it is wise for us to shop wisely, in terms of quality along with stand out customer supports and reasonable shipping cost!

Bret, you are among my short list of "NO KA OI" (THE BEST) go to vendors, as well as a straight up person and I am satisfy with the output on my Billet Tech 170.

Right on! My best to you!!

Old 02-23-2014, 12:53 AM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

How does the weight of this alternator compare to stock?
Old 02-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by victorf
Being in the middle of the Pacific and our whole way of life is shipping dependent.

So it is wise for us to shop wisely, in terms of quality along with stand out customer supports and reasonable shipping cost!

Bret, you are among my short list of "NO KA OI" (THE BEST) go to vendors, as well as a straight up person and I am satisfy with the output on my Billet Tech 170.

Right on! My best to you!!

Thanks brother! Much appreciated kind words!

Originally Posted by db2xpert
How does the weight of this alternator compare to stock?
Shipping weight is just under 15lbs with box and all, so I would say it's close to 14.8 lbs. I picked up a box and then a stock alternator and they feel close in weight. The Billet Tech is smaller in diameter by about 3/8" than the stock one.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Supporting Vendor

bump
Old 03-01-2014, 08:32 AM
Supporting Vendor

Only a few alternators remaining for this sale. Thanks for your orders!
Old 03-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Supporting Vendor

TTT
Old 03-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Supporting Vendor

Due to the excellent response, I'm going to continue this sale for the members indefinitely. .

Thanks for your support!

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 05-06-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To They’re here! New Design Pricing Billet Tech Alternators

Old 03-25-2014, 01:01 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for your orders everyone!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:37 AM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

Received 218 Likes on 173 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

[QUOTE=BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT56;1586292066]Only a few alternators remaining for this sale. Thanks for your orders! [/QUOTE
I want one how can I order I don't want to send a check that takes to long I want a polished
Old 03-31-2014, 05:59 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by COMMANDER2OOO
I want one how can I order I don't want to send a check that takes to long I want a polished
Paypal or credit card, add 3%
Polished would be 540.75
Paypal to: blownbluez06@gmail.com
Credit card, send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward you an invoice.

Quick Reply: They’re here! New Design Pricing Billet Tech Alternators