C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Ride Height Bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 09:06 AM
Sled Driver
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Stock Ride Height Bolts?

While replacing my shocks this weekend I noticed that the rubber pads on the stock bolts were completely trashed on one wheel and starting to come apart on the others. What are my options for replacement? I know that you cannot buy stock bolts from GM as the bolts/spring are one assembly

I don't need or want to go lower, the roads around here are awful. Also, I have always heard bad things about lowering bolts, that they don't last, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with the Hardbar bolts? Can I get the stock ride height out of them? They look like a good option with the Delrin pads.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:32 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

The Hardbar bolts have no cushioning (key in on that 'hard' bit :-/) I know that some folks on here have installed them but I haven't read anything glowingly positive as in "That was the solution! And they've lasted three years now!"

I've always thought it odd that GM doesn't sell those bolts separately since what you're up against is inevitable for all of us. On the other hand, at the point where the average OEM bolt wears out it might be that it can't hurt to replace the springs anyway (just a supposition on my part.)

http://orders.partstaxi.com/parts/20...ing%20adjuster

Hyperco makes replacement (racing) springs for the C6 that have their own bolts on them. But nothing in their catalog suggests that they are available separately and I also suspect that they are of pretty hard material and, if you could get a set out of them, would be $$$.

You're right to avoid the aftermarket bolts as they all seem to have quite limited lives.

Not sure what to tell you here. Wrecking yards?

Z//
Old 12-31-2013, 12:10 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Hardbar bolts are the only ones I have seen that are worth using.

My bet is that they did not wear out, but a previous owner cut them and now are worn out.

Did you buy the car new?

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Stock Ride Height Bolts?

Quick Reply: Stock Ride Height Bolts?