C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger thoughts--which is best?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 03:57 PM
dmoneychris
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
Best is subjective, it really depends on what you consider important. Maybe give us some feedback on your goals and we can help by adding some input?

Pfadt Race Engineering
888-972-2464
info@pfadtracing.com

Sorry, you're right about the word 'best' I get annoyed when my son uses that term to describe things that are subjective. Especially when it's all about ones view point on what performance aspects are important to the person. (Now I'm doing it) "Bad associations spoil useful habits"

What I mean to say is; Which supercharger would be the best in a high performance street application? Peak horsepower is not the goal. Low end torque is what I'm looking for.

Last edited by dmoneychris; 01-09-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Whipple C6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unpopular opinion inbound. I run a Whipple twin screw on my LS2 and love it. It won't win any dyno queen pageants and the gobs of low end torque make it a handful at times, but it's unique and provides me with a very fun driving experience. centri is more gradual in it's power production making launching easier and they can make more power, my 2.9l can get up to 900hp but I have no desire for that. The centri's seem to be more cost friendly, and are certainly a great choice. But for me the power is more than I could ever want or need with this setup. Put me down for a PD (preferably twin screw) but I think you will be happy in whatever FI option you choose
Old 01-09-2014, 11:31 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Of course the"best" is whatever someone has on their car. If there was such thing as "the best" every other manufacturer would be out of business.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dmoneychris
Sorry, you're right about the word 'best' I get annoyed when my son uses that term to describe things that are subjective. Especially when it's all about ones view point on what performance aspects are important to the person. (Now I'm doing it) "Bad associations spoil useful habits"

What I mean to say is; Which supercharger would be the best in a high performance street application? Peak horsepower is not the goal. Low end torque is what I'm looking for.
If low end torque is what you are looking for, the popular convention would be a positive displacement blower

Pfadt Race Engineering
888-972-2464
info@pfadtracing.com

Old 01-10-2014, 02:26 PM
JAvery20
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ECS kit or A&A.

Never hear anything bad about Andy or Doug.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Airwolf
Pro

Location: ********************* Florida's Space Coast *********************
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As an FYI, I have had a A&A on my 2002 Z06 for 6+ years with zero problems! Hard to argue with that!

Hopefully I have not put the whammy on myself bragging, but the "best" is a term I use to describe no problems with a unit. Who cares if you make 1000HP - but it's broken daily. I make 530RWHP on my little LS6, not the most out there, but still a tire fryer. Would love to add one to my wife's 2013 but she is happy where she is at now!

Good luck with your choice. I really like the looks of the unit. Keep us informed on the numbers but more importantly, the reliability! Inquiring minds will want to know!

Quick Reply: Supercharger thoughts--which is best?