C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Streetable track day alignment specs

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Streetable track day alignment specs

I'm looking for an alignment that is good at the track and I doesn't need to change it again back on the street.

The car is a Z-51 coupe with stock SIZE tires running kuhmo XS tires. Everything else is stock as far as shocks, ride height, wheels.

I'm not sure that alignment is a realistic or worthwhile thing to shoot for as changing the alignment just enough to be better on the track but not significantly affect street handling is worth making an alignment change if the alignment is already good.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is a difficult task! That being said, we have spent a lot if time developing our alignment guide and can offer some assistance. The guide can be viewed here:
http://pfadtracing.com/pdfs/Corvette...09.12.2011.pdf

I would recommend the Performance Street or the Performance Street-Track use. The track use setting can result in some inner wear if you drive mostly on the street. Ultimately, the two will play against each other (street settings/track settings), but you should be able to find a setting that is a good compromise between tire wear, and performance.

Pfadt Race Engineering
888-972-2464
info@pfadtracing.com

Old 12-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perfect! Thanks for sharing this.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:22 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 202 Likes on 170 Posts

Last season I ran with the Performance Street alignment, after 6 track days I found I was wearing the outside of the tires, not the inside. I suggest the Performance Street-Track may be a better compromise.

Keep in mind your skill level comes into play too - the higher your skill level (and higher run group), faster you go, you'll need a more aggressive alignment to get the most out of it. I'm using the pfadt camber adjusters - I love the fact I don't have to worry about losing camber adjustment while driving on the street but it does make wheel alignments more expensive due to the extra labor involved.

Also for street use and whatever you decide, I suggest you go with minimal toe to help decrease tire wear.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems toe adjustments can effect tire wear more than camber adjustments.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:56 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
That is a difficult task! That being said, we have spent a lot if time developing our alignment guide and can offer some assistance. The guide can be viewed here:
http://pfadtracing.com/pdfs/Corvette...09.12.2011.pdf

I would recommend the Performance Street or the Performance Street-Track use. The track use setting can result in some inner wear if you drive mostly on the street. Ultimately, the two will play against each other (street settings/track settings), but you should be able to find a setting that is a good compromise between tire wear, and performance.

Pfadt Race Engineering
888-972-2464
info@pfadtracing.com

How about 1/4 mile specs

Get notified of new replies

To Streetable track day alignment specs

Quick Reply: Streetable track day alignment specs