C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

z51 oil cooling ideas..

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 12:36 AM
marine&hisvette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z51 oil cooling ideas..

I been giving thought into purchasing one of those auto zone oil coolers and running my trans cooling with that being in the rear of the car around the area where the axleback used to be. And T off the engine oil feed and return lines to utilize both cooling ducts on the radiator. Curious if anyone has done this before? I also removed my fog lights and modify some vents and made ducts going right between the radiator and intercooler to help keep things cool (figure I don't need them since I won't be driving this car in fog condictions) that being said I think the trans is getting way to hot and making it near impossible to get in reverse and change gears (open down pipes). I purchased some 1/16 guage steel and made a small sheild to help prevent that but the other issue is the trans line dang near sitting on top of the down pipe. I have the engine out of this car and making drastic changes and just curious If anyone else done this also in the process of making custom down pipes like the c6r exhuast system (my end/main goal with this new build )

Last edited by marine&hisvette; 12-02-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:20 AM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Can you post pictures when it is done?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: z51 oil cooling ideas..