C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm torn between the Mantic 9000 and Dyad Cluth

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 01:25 PM
sr20dime
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
Default I'm torn between the Mantic 9000 and Dyad Cluth *update*

Hey Guys,

I have a 408 ls2 C6 that makes 560whp on motor. I just put a 150 shot on pump and wanted to do 250 shot on race gas until I twin turbo the car sometime in the spring. My Mcleod clutch gave out so I'm in the market for a new clutch. After checking around ECS and Ragin' Racing were really helpful but i'm still torn and having comitment issues.

I live in the DC area and I do drive the car on occassion in the traffic madness so I want something that drives nice and will hold the power when I street/drag race. Anyone that can give me some personal feedback about either clutch it would be awesome but a direct compairson between the two would be awesome.

Thanks!

UPDATE:
I wanted to take the time and update the thread. I originally went with a Mantic 9000 unsprung disk for the highest rated TQ capacity. After 6 months of use on a dyno and around town the clutch failed on it's first drag race. Thankfully ECS and Mantic stepped up and sent me a replacement. I had the second one installed for about 6 months when it slipped during a 4th gear pull for a log. My car made around 850ft lbs of torque when it started to slip but worked perfect below that power range. I turned the boost down to the 780whp and 760tq setting and it held perfect again. When I pulled it out of the car it still looks good. I appreciate them replacing the first clutch but my only option this time was to move to the RPS Quad carbon for my goals. I loved the Mantic clutch when it held but unfortunately I think I should've spent the money the first time so I wouldn't be out the original price of the clutch, two clutch jobs and down time.
For what it's worth I bought a second one for our other LS7 car that made 650whp and no problems so far.

My conclusion: Mantic is a great driving clutch but not a good selection for turbo cars making more than 800hp.

Last edited by sr20dime; 03-12-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Stage7
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have any experience with the Dyad, but I am loving my Mantic 9000 clutch so far. 600+ rwtq NA and it holds great. It drives better than a stock clutch on the street imo. I don't drag race, so I can't comment how it is at the dragstrip.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

What mcleod did you have? Was it an Rst/Rxt?
Old 11-25-2013, 07:49 PM
sr20dime
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Stage7
I don't have any experience with the Dyad, but I am loving my Mantic 9000 clutch so far. 600+ rwtq NA and it holds great. It drives better than a stock clutch on the street imo. I don't drag race, so I can't comment how it is at the dragstrip.
Thanks Stage7, do you use the stock master cylinder with it?
Originally Posted by Frans96ss
What mcleod did you have? Was it an Rst/Rxt?
RXT it's a couple of years old but it was incredibly noisy and I didn't care for it in traffic.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:08 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

As the largest US distributor of mantic clutches naturally some may think I'm biased, but we only sell what we would put in our own vehicles (and do for that matter) and we only sell Mantic clutches for the past 3+ years now.

Everyone who we have installed one for has not been disappointed with the street or track manors, plus our present special that includes a pilot bearing, clutch bleeder kit, and shipping, along with the clutch-flywheel-hardware-slave cylinder-throw out bearing already isn't bad deal either.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:01 AM
sr20dime
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
As the largest US distributor of mantic clutches naturally some may think I'm biased, but we only sell what we would put in our own vehicles (and do for that matter) and we only sell Mantic clutches for the past 3+ years now.

Everyone who we have installed one for has not been disappointed with the street or track manors, plus our present special that includes a pilot bearing, clutch bleeder kit, and shipping, along with the clutch-flywheel-hardware-slave cylinder-throw out bearing already isn't bad deal either.
Thanks Doug! I wish clutches were easier to change in these cars. Maybe I would have less anxiety about making a selection. Shoud I replace the master too? I also need torque tube coupler and bearing kit. Do you mind PM'ing me a price and lead time for everything I need. Thanks!
Old 11-26-2013, 01:00 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by sr20dime
Thanks Doug! I wish clutches were easier to change in these cars. Maybe I would have less anxiety about making a selection. Shoud I replace the master too? I also need torque tube coupler and bearing kit. Do you mind PM'ing me a price and lead time for everything I need. Thanks!

I'll PM a price now, everything is in stock ready to go!

We usually do not change out the master unless the car is very high milage or we are requested to only because that can be done at any time without having to go back into the drive train to swap it. Besides the basic hose connection, it's a completely separate job then the clutch install.

The rest of the parts we install with every clutch job regardless of mileage, and the couplers are checked or replaced if needed.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:02 AM
sr20dime
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15

I ordered the Mantic 9000. I will update everyone on how it feels compaired to my Mcleod RXT once I get home and install it next week.
Thanks for quick responces and shipping ECS!
Old 12-13-2013, 06:37 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

We have had extremely good luck with the Centerforce DYAD clutches. Installed them on everything from a 500 rwhp road race car to a 1100 + rwhp and it has never given us any sort of issues.

The clutch drives darn near like a stock twin disk, makes very little noise.

Time will tell how some of our higher mileage guys do with it, but so far so good, and no complaints at all with them.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:12 PM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Doug. Which flywheel do you suggest with the mantic twin for 600+ rwhp for street use? Steel or aluminum
Old 12-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Drevil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy at Ragin' Racin' put a DYAD in mine a couple of months ago. It has been a great clutch and drives like stock. Good Luck
Old 12-16-2013, 01:20 PM
DOUG @ ECS

I ordered the Mantic 9000. I will update everyone on how it feels compaired to my Mcleod RXT once I get home and install it next week.
Thanks! Glad we could help, and thanks for the business.

Originally Posted by RGT
Doug. Which flywheel do you suggest with the mantic twin for 600+ rwhp for street use? Steel or aluminum

All Mantic clutches come complete with a billet flywheel. I would not suggest an aluminum flywheel for a street car, the Mantic clutch assembly is a good mix between the two. Light enough to make a power difference, but not too light to cause driveability issues.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Any reason you are switching off of the RXT?
Old 12-16-2013, 04:09 PM
sr20dime
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
Any reason you are switching off of the RXT?
The RXT started slipping and It was to noisy for me. I though I would give something else a try since I overall wasn't that impressed.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:50 AM
newvetteguy9
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

doug whats the going rate for a mantic? anything else you suggest to upgrade/replace for an 80,000 mile ls2?
Old 12-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Dealripper
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Mantic 9000

I have a Mantic 9000 in my 2008 C6. It is one of my daily drivers w/867 RWHP thanks to ECS. Good luck on your decision.👍
Old 12-18-2013, 04:29 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by newvetteguy9
doug whats the going rate for a mantic? anything else you suggest to upgrade/replace for an 80,000 mile ls2?

The Mantic ER2 single disc is $755 and comes with a throw out bearing and shipping within the cont US.

The Mantic 9000 series twin comes with the slave cylinder/throw out bearing, hardware, pilot bearing, clutch bleeder kit, and shipping within the cont US for $1,595.

Both come as complete assemblies including a billet flywheel.

Thanks for your interest, PM me or email us sales@eastcoastsupercharging.com if you have any questions or would like to place an order.

Get notified of new replies

To I'm torn between the Mantic 9000 and Dyad Cluth

Old 12-18-2013, 04:34 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
The Mantic ER2 single disc is $755 and comes with a throw out bearing and shipping within the cont US.

The Mantic 9000 series twin comes with the slave cylinder/throw out bearing, hardware, pilot bearing, clutch bleeder kit, and shipping within the cont US for $1,595.

Both come as complete assemblies including a billet flywheel.

Thanks for your interest, PM me or email us sales@eastcoastsupercharging.com if you have any questions or would like to place an order.
Cant go wrong with that 9000, great clutch!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:30 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Which Mantic Twin for my setup(see sig)? Similar to the OP but a bit more power NA and no nitrous. Please provide two options and recommendations while explaining the differences.

Will be replacing my Exedy which holds the power perfectly but is a pain on hills and traffic.

Please PM me.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:33 PM
sr20dime
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15

Just wanted to update everyone with my thoughts after installation. The clutch pedal feel is MUCH improved over the Mcleod. To be fair I bought the car with the Mcleod clutch and I replaced everything that had to do with the clutch including hydraulics during the change so maybe not all of it was clutch brand related.
So far the clutch drives awesome and is quiet. I do think the sprung disk would be a little easier to drive but I needed the extra TQ capacity. The car made 725hp 775ft lbs of torque on the dyno yesterday and the clutch never had a hiccup! To have the soft pedal feel and still be able to take the power I'm really impressed! I think we will order one for the Whipple 2.9 LS7 car soon. You've earned a repeat customer here ECS! Thanks!

Installation Pictures:

Nicely Packed!

Beautifly machined flywheel

Went together nice and easy with no drama or guess work.

My input shaft were the clutch disk rode was shot so I had to replace that with a new one from GM. While I was there all new bearings. I advise someone replacing ALL bearings in a TT, all three of mine was shot. :-(

Added a LG CF driveshaft with a billet rear coupler paired with a DSS front coupler.

Quick Reply: I'm torn between the Mantic 9000 and Dyad Cluth