C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch and reverse gear question...

Old 11-14-2013, 01:47 PM
FrankenPC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch and reverse gear question...

2009 stock LS3 C6 here. 30K miles.

Two questions, need advice:
1) Sometimes, when I press down on the clutch, it feels like it's grinding. Not a strong grinding. A soft and bumpy motion. It's not all the time. Maybe it happens more when the car has been garaged for several days.

2) After putting the parking brake on. I release the brake and back out of my garage and I hear and feel a thunk sound. It's as if the parking brake is stuck on the drum and suddenly releasing. I do not hear any other sounds coming from the rear end while driving or cornering.

Anyone have similar experiences or advice?

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Sayfoo
Melting Slicks

Received 449 Likes on 350 Posts

My 08 does that too the first trip of the day. Sometimes. Doesn't seem to be any ryme or reason to it. Goes away quickly.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:13 PM
icntdrv55
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

My '13 even does that occasionally when backing. I'm pretty sure that it's the parking brake shoes releasing as the car starts to roll. Then again, it might just have been the damn cat again….I go thru at least 4 of them a week.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch and reverse gear question...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch and reverse gear question...