C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c6 VATS relearn.?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 01:50 PM
marine&hisvette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c6 VATS relearn.?

In my search im only finding for a c5 and they require a key.. ours have a fob and figure its different.. I replaced the pcm and curently only codes I see are evap and crank which was expected. I got really aggregated with this and called the stealership to see about having them remove it via ob2, ol dude said since the new computer wasn't program to match while in was installed then they gonna have to reprogram it.. I told duffus the pcm was vin matched when I bought it. Anyways course they want to bend me over with prices which is redicolus. I'm pretty sure my tuner should be able to do this via hp tuners but I was hoping to have the car 100% ready for him (boost leaks,exhuast, crank relearn, and all the other jazz that comes with engine swaps and twin turbo installs) when we get it on the dyno Monday.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:25 PM
marine&hisvette
Burning Brakes

Guys please keep in mind I don't have my manual
Old 10-11-2013, 09:04 PM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

You need a scanner and access to the Techline Terminal and download the appropriate software and then upload into the vehicle.

If it's a new PCM it should learn the pass code immediately upon the next ignition from off to crank.

This is straight from GM
Old 10-11-2013, 11:19 PM
marine&hisvette
Burning Brakes

So there is no vats relearn? Or are you trying to state I have a faulty computer that's vin matched?
Old 10-11-2013, 11:31 PM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

Originally Posted by marine&hisvette
So there is no vats relearn? Or are you trying to state I have a faulty computer that's vin matched?
I'm saying if it's a brand new PCM there is no relearn. If it's used then the dealer or someone with a tech2 and access to the Techline needs to program it.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:31 AM
marine&hisvette
Burning Brakes

Ehhh dang, so looks like I'm going have to toe it to the stealership, get bent over. Tow it to my tuner have him tune the car.. those gm tech's going to look at my engine bay.. and be like well this voids your factory warranty
Old 10-13-2013, 11:33 AM
cole3
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hahaha twin turbos might affect the warranty a little!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:10 AM
marine&hisvette
Burning Brakes

Stealership.. welp I brought the car to them.. took them almost 2 hours to come look at it. The battery was dead, decided to just buy a new one to help speed time up, he managed to take another 40 mins to get a new one, he replaced it. Hooked the tech 2 up and wasn't there for 5 mins and left.. figure something else happened. Ol dude came out 20 mins later and said it's been done. I go pay, 278$ they charged almost 2 hrs for 7mins of actual work and the battery was 112$.. I go to see if the car will crank.. same thing.. I go b!+@h a bit. Go wait for another 35mins for him to come out and say his tech can't look at it today and bring it in tommorw. Welp I went off and bought a new clutch sensor just in case. I did the clutch re learn procedure, push on, wait until security goes out and shut off and repeat. She cranked over finally and started then flooded out. Car is sitting at my tuner waiting to be tuned tommorow

Get notified of new replies

To c6 VATS relearn.?

Quick Reply: c6 VATS relearn.?