C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a GS with the NPP exhaust...question about how it's activated?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Treview1
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just bought a GS with the NPP exhaust...question about how it's activated?

As the title states, I just bought a 2012 Grand Sport that came with the factory NPP exhaust setup. The car came with a Vararam intake (so someone was modifying it to some degree), and the exhaust appears to be stuck with the baffle open 100% of the time. I know some people use the factory garage door opener on the visor to manually control the exhaust, but my car is a 2LT and doesn't have that system installed. My question is, is there any other common accessory or system that people link these exhausts to manually control? Or is it common for people to somehow set them to stay open 100% of the time?

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:27 AM
99NassauVette
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Do a quick forum search for "mild to wild" switch. That's what you're lookin for!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:37 AM
hydbyj
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the factory setting is to open at 3500 rpm by opening a vacuum line that opens the diaphrams. there is a fuse under the glove box area that is part of this system. it was probably removed or the vacuum lines have been removed from the diaphrams and plugged so as not to have a vacuum leak. the diaphrams can easily be seen just after the mufflers, before the twin exhaust outlets the outer outlet is open when the diaphrams are closed and the inner outlets are straight through eliminating the muffler baffles. i would check the vacuum lines after the mufflers to see if they are attached, than if that doesn't seem to be the problem, check the fuse. i am not sure of it's exact location, but that should be easy enough to find out.

jerry
Old 09-24-2013, 02:13 AM
Vegas Sam
Pro

Received 287 Likes on 97 Posts

Check the fuse first. Under the passenger side foot well. Pull the top edge of the carpet back towards the floor and you'll see the fusebox. I pulled the fuse on mine before I left the lot.

Get notified of new replies

To Just bought a GS with the NPP exhaust...question about how it's activated?

Quick Reply: Just bought a GS with the NPP exhaust...question about how it's activated?