C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap Autometer gauge for a different series?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 11:50 PM
jmp51483
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap Autometer gauge for a different series?

Hey guys,

Recently picked up a car already equipped with the Autometer Carbon Fiber Boost and Fuel pressure gauges. After looking at them a few times, I've decided they just don't fit the overall flow of the car. I'd like to swap the gauges out for Cobalt series ones, same exact gauges different styling.

Question is: Do I have to completely reinstall / rewire these gauges? I'm not sure what the back of an Autometer gauge looks like... Is it hardwired or plugged in with a harness? I'd really rather not completely re-run all of the wires if I don't have to!

Any thoughts?
Old 08-12-2013, 08:00 AM
jmp51483
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

come on fellas! Give me a hand here!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have the exact part numbers of the gauges currently installed,
and the exact part numbers of the gauges you want to install,
then you can probably find the installation instructions on the internet and determine if any wiring differences exist.

Otherwise if you have the part numbers you can call AutoMeter tech support and I'm sure they can give you a definitive answer.

My guess, based upon a slight familiarity with AutoMeter gauges, is that the new gauges will simply plug in but I'd hate to have you rely on a guess then have it all go wrong once you've spent several hundred bucks and you have it all apart...

Get notified of new replies

To Swap Autometer gauge for a different series?

Quick Reply: Swap Autometer gauge for a different series?