C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a DeWitts dual fan upgrade. Any fitment issues with Procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 07:41 AM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Thinking about a DeWitts dual fan upgrade. Any fitment issues with Procharger?

Currently running the Dewitts radiator (oil cooler separate style) and have a D1SC Procharger. Are there any fitment issues with this setup when installing a SP463 DeWitts dual fan kit? Pics are appreciated from those of you who have done the same setup.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:08 AM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

bump
Old 06-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

I'd like to know this too since i'm thinking about going the Dewitt's route. Might be better to post this in the forced induction section.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:56 AM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

bump
Old 07-05-2013, 12:28 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Cant speak to fitment but dual fans aren't doing my stroker much good unfortunately.

Had a single Spal before and temps are practically the same with dual spal fans. Might want to confirm its the right move as I have heard from others in the SE and humid states not seeing the same results as those in not so humid climates. Just FYI
Old 07-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Justasheet
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hasn't done a thing for my pal Theofel.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:31 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 395 Likes on 360 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Dual fans have not lowered my operating temps, but do cool things down quicker once they come on.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:58 AM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Dual fans have not lowered my operating temps, but do cool things down quicker once they come on.
That is a positive. One big thing is heat control on a forced induction vehicle. My DeWitts radiator had made a difference in operating temp and control. My thought process on the dual fan setup is to compliment this and keep temps down should they begin to rise. A hard highway pull in a hot climate could lead to detonation or a lean condition if the tune isnt spot on. Reliability, peace of mind, and engine safety are my concerns.

Last edited by ANGRY Z; 07-09-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:05 AM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Just had a thought for a STICKY in this section... How about a "Cooling" STICKY? A place for members to post up their Do's and Don'ts as well as results such as operating temps and correlating ambient temps. With upgrading radiators, t-stats and fans being a focus of topic. Along with any install advice and part number lists Members may have to share.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:40 PM
All2Easy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having a Dewitts with dual fan setup installed next week.

Moving, the car stays at temps that are okay....it's when I get stuck in traffic in 95+ temps that concern me. She can creep up to 230+ pretty quickly. I hope to get some more control around this aspect with the forthcoming radiator mods.

It's been pretty hot here in Houston this summer.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Z06ish
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in Houston as well with my ECS supercharged car and also quickly see 230+ in heavy traffic. Let me know how the new radiator mods treat ya. Turning off the ac keeps me in the 220s in traffic however it's damn hot in the car. I'm glad I am forunate enough to no have to drive mine every day, as my BMW stays nice and cool on the inside and outside.

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking about a DeWitts dual fan upgrade. Any fitment issues with Procharger?

Quick Reply: Thinking about a DeWitts dual fan upgrade. Any fitment issues with Procharger?