C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand new TB cracked/broken

Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Dado5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Brand new TB cracked/broken

Brand new ported TB broken.
Do you think it will still work and perform as its supposed to?
Its just a small piece cracked where it was ported really thin.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:27 AM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Default What I would do if I wanted to use it.

I would use it after I used some sandpaper or a small half round file to give that area a smoothing out which will cause a little more of a dip overall but than you will know that nothing is going to break off and go into the engine. Work on it off the car so nothing goes into the manifold and you can clean/wipe it up well before installing it.

Don't think it will make any difference in the way it is going to perform, IMHO.

After looking the pic over I would use some fine sandpaper, scotch brite, etc. to take the sharp edge off that goes about half way around on the side with the piece missing; here again so nothing cracks/breaks off and goes into the engine down the road.

PS: If I paid for this and that piece chipped off after receiving it than more of the thin area may very well chip off, so I would send it back. In the top pic it looks to me that more of that may be chipping/breaking off soon

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 07-03-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:36 AM
Dado5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Grand Sport Man
I would use it after I used some sandpaper or a small half round file to give that area a smoothing out which will cause a little more of a dip overall but than you will know that nothing is going to break off and go into the engine. Work on it off the car so nothing goes into the manifold and you can clean/wipe it up well before installing it.

Don't think it will make any difference in the way it is going to perform, IMHO.
That is a good idea.I will do that. I thought too that it wouldnt make much diference how air goes in.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:02 AM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Dado5
That is a good idea.I will do that. I thought too that it wouldnt make much diference how air goes in.
Re-read my post, I added to it.

Get notified of new replies

To Brand new TB cracked/broken

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brand new TB cracked/broken