C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions,Torque specs,clutch fluid

Old 06-22-2013, 03:22 PM
cyclesailor955
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Questions,Torque specs,clutch fluid

I have a 2011 GS with the Z52 dry sump motor.What are the oil pan drain bolts torque?
Other than using a power bleeder to change the clutch fluid ,are there any other procedures that I am not aware of ?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2013, 03:07 PM
John Harry
Melting Slicks

Received 435 Likes on 269 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14

I don't know the torque, but somebody here will help you.

There's basically two ways to change clutch fluid. The cheap/easy way is here: http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html This is not going to get all the fluid in the slave cylinder, at least not the first time, but is much better than nothing. This is what I do.

The difficult/expensive method is to remove the Hpipe and the tunnel plate. Then you can get to the bleeder at the top of the bell housing, directly above the hydraulic line inlet to the slave, near the 12 o'clock position of the small part of the bell housing. It is not easy to reach.

You can also install a permanent remote bleeder. This sounds like a good solution but is even harder to do because of the limited clearance, and people have reported problems with remote bleeders leaking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions,Torque specs,clutch fluid