C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What might cause this?

Old 06-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Default What might cause this?

Yesterday my 2006 coupe had an electronic glitch. I had driven it several times throughout the day with no problems. Last time I started it I noticed several things. The a/c was off even though it is programmed to turn on when the car is started. Then I noticed my XM radio pre sets were stations I had not used in many months. The most current ones I had programmed were gone. Then lastly the HUD displayed Track 1 mode even though I always use Street mode.

I asked a friend about this and he mentioned that maybe I hit the #2 (wife's) memory button instead of #1. I said I may have and that could explain why the settings were changed. I did go ahead and reset the radio stations to the ones I currently wanted.

To check out my friends theory I went out and started the car this morning and hit the #2 memory button. It brought all the same displays as yesterday even though I didn't think it would since I had not held the #2button until it beeped to indicate it had relearned the new settings. I did not think settings would be retained once changed unless the memory button was held until it beeped.

So now I don't have a clue as to how/why all this happened. Oh yes, the battery did indicate 14.1 volts when all this happened yesterday so I do not think it is a battery concern.

Any ideas?
Old 06-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Some memory options get saved automatically without having to use the button on the door to save them. About the only ones that you have to use the button on the door to save are the memory options that you program through the DIC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What might cause this?