C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Bulbs flutter

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 07:04 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Default HID Bulbs flutter

I just installed 6000 HID bulbs. They flutter. Stock did not. Are the bulbs to cheap? Something I missed? Everything is snug. The brackets for the bulbs fit perfectly. Anybody else have this happen?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by vetten76
I just installed 6000 HID bulbs. They flutter. Stock did not. Are the bulbs to cheap? Something I missed? Everything is snug. The brackets for the bulbs fit perfectly. Anybody else have this happen?
They need a good jolt of juice to get started, did you try with the car running and 13.8 volts being produced?

I had this happen to me and I realized my battery was a little weak, soon as I started the car and re-started the lights they were fine.

Plus the first time you use them it seems they need to burn a while to burn in the salts that cause the color you bought. The first color they shoot isn't exactly where they end up in my experience.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:46 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I tested the lights as I installed each side. Worked great. Then I adjusted the car in the garage. That's when I noticed the lights flickering against the wall. I'll give it a try tonight and see if the stuff burns off, like you said. Thanks for the reply......

Originally Posted by Joe_G
They need a good jolt of juice to get started, did you try with the car running and 13.8 volts being produced?

I had this happen to me and I realized my battery was a little weak, soon as I started the car and re-started the lights they were fine.

Plus the first time you use them it seems they need to burn a while to burn in the salts that cause the color you bought. The first color they shoot isn't exactly where they end up in my experience.

Get notified of new replies

To HID Bulbs flutter

Quick Reply: HID Bulbs flutter